Wednesday, May 04, 2005

It's been a while...

I had a feeling this would happen. Here it is, almost 5 month since my last post. Believe it or not, I used to journal every day. I first got hooked when I ripped open the balloon-print wrapping paper on my very own Ramona Quimby Diary. I should dig that out and post some of my musings from the elementary school days. The only thing I'm certain of is that I wrote "KEEP OUT-- and that means you, Robert Dunbar!" on the front page. I think I also called him a dum-dum. My apologies, Robert. I have no idea what you did to offend me so, but I'm sure my wrath wasn't justified.

[as a paranoid person I did briefly consider changing Robert's name, but I figure there must be dozens of Robert Dunbars in the world. Wait, I'm a librarian-- let me research this...

...just as I suspected. A quick search on switchboard.com pulled up over 100 Robert Dunbars. Whew.]

I continued to journal all through junior high and high school, and all of college, too. You know when I really stopped? After I got married. Journaling used to be a release for me, and now my husband does that for me. Somehow I'm not inspired to write about something after he and I have spent an hour discussing it.

Okay, get ready for a blast from the past in the next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home