Thursday, June 30, 2005

In which I post gratuitous photos of my dog

Is it very wrong of me to be obsessed with my dog? Because I think I am. Obsessed, that is. Or just very much in love.

I don't think I was this consumed with my past two dogs. I had never lost a pet before, so for a long time I was in Never Never Land where sweet, loyal pets never get sick or die. No! They are happy and well for many years, and then considerately wait and pass away on the same day I do. Yes, I also believe in fairy dust.

Well, for any of you who have not figured this out yet, most dogs live about 10-12 years. Most humans, on average, live about 80 years. So you do the math.

In any case, both of my previous dogs died within one year of each other, and I had to put one of them to sleep. Both were very sick at the end, and it was nearly unbearable for me to watch. So now I have this heightened awareness, and every strange noise, bump, or movement is cause for concern. Or PANIC! No, I try not to panic. I avoid panic by letting my husband schedule and attend all the vet appointments, which he handles beautifully. And CALMLY.

I read a favorable review of this new book and ordered it from Amazon. When it came I could not get through it without breaking down, and it's been THREE YEARS since my dogs died, people. Three years! Any time I caught a glimpse of the book I felt heartbroken, so I had to hide it under a stack of old Gourmet magazines. This is a move I learned from Ramona Quimby. Don't know who she is? Tisk, tisk. Ramona's book had a picture of a scary gorilla in it that was giving her nightmares, so she hid it. Get it? If you can't see it, it's not there! Again, fairy dust, people.

So in an attempt to freeze my dog in his young, healthy body, I take TONS of pictures. And you must agree, he is adorable. You agree, DON'T YOU?

That's what I thought!


Look at me, I'm smiling. SMILING! I am so adorable.

Watch, now I will destory this box. Am total box-ripping CHAMPION.

Told ya.
Does this knock your socks off, or what?
I love to bask adorably in the destruction I create.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

such a cute doggie!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

And he totally knows it! ;-)

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home