Friday, July 15, 2005

Meet my new Trapper Keeper

Thank you, Cole, for alerting me to a vintage Trapper Keeper on eBay. Great minds think alike. You will not believe this, but a few days ago I became the proud owner of this:












I know. You are astounded. Isn't eBay great? And can you believe that I use it to buy used school supplies?

And can you believe that some of these Trapper Keepers go for $30 and up? I was bidding on one with kittens on it and finally, dejectedly came to my senses when someone bid $37.

Huh? I cringe when I have to fork over a $20 co-pay at my doctor's office for life-saving medical treatment, but I might drop twice that amount on a dirty binder? Clearly I need a vacation.

Interesting day when my eBay prize arrived in the mail. To put a twist on one of my favorite American Beauty scenes, it played out like this:

Husband: Whose old Trapper Keeper is that on the table?

Me: Mine. 1982 Hearts n' Stream Trapper Keeper. The notebook I always wanted and now I have it. I rule!

Husband: Hoo-kaaaay....

2 Comments:

Blogger Cole said...

Hi, Liz. I'm so glad that I could help you find your Trapper Keeper. It's truly a thing of beauty.

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that keeper!!!!
some subconciousnessismwierdness?
K

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home