Thursday, July 28, 2005

True Stories From the Reference Desk

Young male patron: What’s it called when one part of your body grows suddenly?

Me: (wondering: dirty joke?) Can you elaborate a little?

Young male patron: (shows me a scar on his finger) See this? I cut myself and my skin grew over the cut.

Me: It looks like it healed nicely.

Young male patron: (slaps forehead) Healed! That’s it! You’re a genius.


---------------------------


Man: Quick, I’ve got to get my hands on one of those baby name books. I have to find out what the name Erica means.

Me: (leading him to the appropriate section) Oh, are you trying to decide on a name?

Man: We already had the baby, yesterday.

Me: Congratulations!

Man: And the baby is already named Erica.

Me: ?

Man: I have to pick up my mother-in-law in half an hour, and she wanted the baby to have her name.

Me: What’s her name?

Man: Bertha.

Me: Oh.

Man: And she is gonna be pissed when she finds out the baby’s name is Erica, because that’s my ex-girlfriend’s name.

Me: Oh?

Man: So I have to find something that says that ‘Erica’ means noble, or strong, or smart, so I can say that’s why I picked out the name!

Me: So why did you really pick it?

Man: My ex-girlfriend was hot, man.

Me: Oh…

1 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Ugh! Guys can be annoying. His wife has just given birth and he's still lusting afterh is ex.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home