Friday, July 08, 2005

What I'm Reading Now...

1. The Working Poor: Invisible in America
by David K. Shipler

Who are the invisible poor? Working Americans who barely make enough to survive. I'm interested in poverty studies so when I read the rave reviews I picked up a copy. Shipler is a past Pulitzer Prize winner. If you liked Nickle and Dimed, you'll probably like this.


2. The J.A.P. Chronicles
by Isabel Rose

And for a complete departure from the serious title above, I present this cake of a book. It's an entertaining, easy read about seven former bunkmates at an exclusive summer camp who come together for a reunion. One of them decides to make a documentary about her bunkmates and finds that there's much more to each of them than meets the eye. (wondering what the heck "J.A.P." is? Here's someone who claims to be one.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Thanks for the book recommendations...I am always looking for those. Particularly in the category of chick lit.

I just added "The J.A.P. Chronicles" to my list at the library. Unfortunately, there are 102 holds on it already! Oh well...

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home