Monday, August 08, 2005

100 Things (finally)

This list only took me about 3 months to complete.


1) I am a librarian
2) But I don’t like to shush people
3) And I’m not old and I don’t wear my hair in a bun
4) I think food and drinks should be allowed in the library
5) I have an office with a door (for which I am thankful)
6) And a really fast computer (for which I am also thankful)
7) I really love my profession and my job
8) I used to be a social worker
9) When I was a kid I wanted to be a chef
10) I love to cook
11) I’m told I’m pretty good at it
12) I have an incredible recipe for molten chocolate cake & am willing to share
13) The first thing I made when I was a kid was banana bread
14) I am a “vegetarian”, but not really since I sometimes eat seafood
15) I don’t believe in diets like Atkins and South Beach
16) I like to read about and talk about food
17) I keep a diary of all the restaurants I visit
18) Last night I had a vivid dream that I went to the best restaurant in DC
19) I have a beautiful cobalt blue Kitchen Aid mixer
20) Am lusting after the matching food processor
21) I named my mixer Artie
22) I really like to name things
23) Also have a red sauté pan named Ruby
24) And a dozen named plants, the best of which is Picky-Picky
25) Every spring I count the days until I can plant my flowers and vegetables
26) I love animals, especially dogs
27) I have one dog and love him madly
28) His name is Alex
29) Alex thinks he’s a real live boy, and I encourage that delusion
30) I currently have 11 varieties of treats and rawhide in my cabinet
31) I also have one husband and love him madly
32) I am married to someone I admire
33) We have been together for 11 years
34) I would love to have a several acres of land one day
35) Because I would like to have a couple of Pygmy goats and perhaps a pig
36) And I hope my husband loves me madly enough to agree to it eventually
37) I was born in Oklahoma
38) My father was a pilot in the Air Force, so we moved a lot
39) I enjoyed moving and seeing new places
40) But as a result, I don’t form attachments as easily as some people do
41) This can be both an advantage and a disadvantage for me
42) My parents live in Florida and my siblings live in Brooklyn
43) One of the best times of my life was when my childhood dog had puppies
44) One of the worst times of my life was putting one of my dogs to sleep
45) I love the beach
46) I hate the cold
47) I love hiking, especially in the fall
48) I hate shopping malls, especially around the holidays
49) I love drinking wine with friends
50) I hate sitting in traffic
51) I adore my mom’s eggrolls and apple pie
52) I can’t stomach olives or celery
53) I once shot the bird at a cop in an unmarked police car
54) Thankfully, he did not arrest me for aggressive driving
55) In fact, I have never been arrested
56) I tend to fall asleep on the couch at night
57) I need 7 hours minimum at night to feel good
58) I find that anticipation is often the best part of doing anything fun
59) I have read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn at least 15 times
60) I took piano lessons for 10 years
61) I always did my music theory homework at the last minute, so I am better at playing by ear than sight-reading
62) I am a habitual car dancer
63) One day I hope to be brave enough to take an improv class
64) I don’t enjoy reading science fiction or mysteries
65) I really don’t resemble any celebrities
66) I have long blonde hair and eyes that seem to change colors
67) I like to wear high heels
68) The thing I can’t live without is Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
69) I’m very ticklish and the one and only pedicure I ever had was torture
70) I love to dance
71) I wish I had taken dance lessons growing up so I’d be better at it
72) I have had trouble with depression in the past
73) But it hasn’t recurred in quite a while, so I’m glad
74) I have kept a journal since elementary school
75) I do step aerobics three times a week
76) I also love badminton, for some odd reason
77) I always vow to increase my physical flexibility, but I don’t
78) If I see a receipt on the ground I pick it up to see what the person bought
79) I don’t like debt and pay off my credit card bill every month
80) I tend to worry about money, even though we have enough
81) If I had $2,000 and I had to spend it selfishly in one day, I’d probably get electrolysis so I’d never have to shave again.
82) I prefer small gatherings to big parties
83) I am an introvert, but I’ve become less so over the years
84) My worst habit is cracking my knuckles
85) My pet peeves are gossip, unreturned phone calls, and having an empty water glass in a restaurant
86) I love old houses
87) I hope to own one someday
88) I kind of enjoy doing manual labor
89) I’m proud when I can do something on my own, rather than hiring someone
90) Right now I would really like to learn how to lay a tile floor
91) My favorite junk foods are french fries and movie theater popcorn
92) Lots of people have asked me why I don’t have children
93) It’s none of their business, but I hope to have one someday
94) I would also like very much to be a foster parent
95) When I tell jokes I’m usually the one who laughs the hardest
96) My friends and family think this is funny
97) I admire people who speak several languages
98) I respect those who care for aging parents
99) One day I hope people remember me as a person with a generous heart
100) I try to live my life in a way that leaves few regrets

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too.

Husband

11:13 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Great list. I love A Tree Grows in Brooklyn,, but I've only read it once. I also laugh the hardest at my own jokes. But I tell really bad ones, so I suppose it's to be expected.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked at your profile in addition to the "100 Things." I also like a Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Charlotte's Web, but I couldn't read beyond the first chapter in Grapes of Wrath. My current favorite movie is Love Actually.

Your husband's comment is sweet.
Molly

2:13 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

what a nice list! good airport reading. and citronelle looks delicious.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous jenny-bean said...

i live in an old house but i don't like manual labor, unfortunately. not a good match!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm glad you guys liked my list. Bearette was right, at some point you hit your stride and you don't have to work so hard to think of the next item.

Frema, everyone ends up laughing, but it's usually at me, not at my joke. The jokes, I suspect they are not so good. Maybe I will have to post some and ask for brutally honest feedback to be sure.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Molly, have you read any other Betty Smith books? Maggie-Now, Joy in the Morning... they are all wonderful.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try to be more on top of returing phone calls...

K

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home