Thursday, August 11, 2005

Things that are making my head hurt

1. I have two presentations next week that I am not prepared for.
2. Time for preparing? Does not really exist right now.
3. I have a job interview on Friday.
4. It is a panel interview.
5. The interview also involves giving a presentation, so make that three presentations.
6. I just found out about said interview yesterday.
7. I somehow hurt my back (spine?) and haven't been able to go to the gym all week.
8. Oh yeah, my back hurts too.
9. We talked to our financial planner last night and I didn't understand 75% of what he said.
10. Therefore, we might be financially doomed.

Would anyone like to write my presentations, interview on my behalf, offer chiropractic services, or review my investment portfolio?

5 Comments:

Blogger Frema said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Also, at least you have a good excuse for not going to the gym. Mine usually is, "But then I'd have to get off the couch."

9:29 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I'm sorry to hear about your back. You might want to try a yoga squat, with your feet apart on the floor, bottom above the floor, your elbows inside your knees, and palms of hands together. It really helps the lower back. Worth a try, unless it's too painful to get into.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

It feels like a specific part of my spine, like maybe a disc or something? It's been getting progressively better, but I'm afraid I'll anger it if I go back to aerobics too soon. I will try the squat though, just for general stretching/strengthening purposes. Thanks!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My sympathy---and empathy---on the back pain. Bengay rocks. It's my new signature scent. And self-administered pressure-point massages can work wonders: Put a tennis ball between your back and the wall and wiggle around. When you hit a sore spot, hold it there for 20 seconds and then wiggle some more.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks for the back suggestions! The mysterious pain seems to be going away on its own, though I've still been playing it safe and not going to the gym. Will attempt gym on Tuesday and pray for no serious mishaps. Hmm... this may be an excellent excuse for skipping the jump-squats in my class...

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home