Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Break It Down-- Meme Time

Ahem... as you can see, I'm still on an eighties kick. Bear with me. I'll take the leg warmers off tomorrow.

I was tagged by Bearrette for this meme:

What color is most reflective of you? This is hard. I'll say red.

How did you get the idea for your journal name? I was working a night shift in my library last year when I decided to start a blog. It was very quiet that night and it reminded me of when I used to study in the library stacks in college. Being in the stacks always made me feel reflective.

What time were you born? I don't know exactly, but it was sometime around lunch. My mom's doctor said he was going to check her one more time and then go out for lunch. After he checked he decided the food should wait, and I was born soon after.

What song are you playing now, or wish you were playing? I am trying to listen to a CD recorded by some musicians from Romania. We saw them performing in a piazza in Florence. I like it because it's lively and cheerful, and it makes me long for Chianti and gelato.

What I'm actually hearing is the sound of a helicoptor buzzing my neighborhood. A neighbor from down the street is a pilot for President Bush, and he likes to say hi to his wife and baby from the air. The keyboard is rattling.

Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry? I cried when Princess Diana was killed.

What color underwear are you wearing? Purple

Do you want a baby? We'll see what happens.

What is your pet's name? Alex. He also answers to Boo, Buddha-belly, Stinker, and other assorted nicknames.

What color are your bedsheets? Tan

What are the last 3 digits of your phone number? 357. All odd. Very fitting.

What was the last concert you attended? Eric Clapton at the MCI Center.

Who was with you? My husband.

What was the last movie you saw? Hmmm... I don't go out to movies very often. I guess it was Wedding Crashers, which I saw with my best friend. The last one I watched at home was probably Steel Magnolias. I sobbed when Shelby died, of course.

What food are you craving right now? Lemon meringue pie. Luckily my husband brought some home for me today and I plan to head straight to the fridge when I'm done with this.

Did you dream last night? Yes... and it was odd. Might share in a future entry.

What was the last tv show you watched? 30 Minute Meals on Food Network.

What is your fave piece of jewelry? My wedding rings, but also an antique silver ring that was my grandmother's, and a silver necklace my father-in-law gave me that has an Irish "Salmon of Knowledge" charm on it.


What is to the left of you? An antique dresser. Displayed on top is a lava lamp and a Beatles "Acoustic White Album, Sessions 1968." Please contact husband for further information. This is not my area of expertise.

What was the last thing you ate? Dinner, which was carrots and a lentil dish.

Who is your best friend of the opposite sex? My husband

Who last imed you? My best friend.

Where is your significant other right now? At band practice.

When was the last time you cut your hair? I can't even remember, and that's why I have an appointment for this Saturday.

Are you on any meds? Anything that will help my allergies go away, PLEASE.

Do you have a mental disease? A mental disease? Not currently. Unless I'm in denial.

What shirt are you wearing? A t-shirt from a concert called "Waterstock" where my husband's band performed.

What time is it? 751 pm

What color is your razor? pink

What's your favorite shopping store? For clothes, Ann Taylor. I used to love browsing in Le Gourmet Chef, a cooking store, but it closed.

Are you thirsty? I usually am. I'm going to have a glass of water with my pie.

Can you imagine yourself ever getting married? Already married.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

yay! I used to go to Ann Taylor a lot when I was working. They have the best suits. Steel Magnolias just MAKES you cry.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ann Taylor is the only place where everything fits me. It is heaven.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love, love, love Ann Taylor. And love the AT Loft even more. But we don't have Loft here in Austin, and I don't have anywhere to wear the regular AT clothes anymore. :-(

You could also say that your phone number ends in three prime numbers. Also fitting? (Yeah, I'm a nerd and I'm studying for the GRE.)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Lisa, as someone who didn't get enough sleep last night, I am astounded by your ability to correctly identify prime numbers.

You will totally ace the GRE.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous jenny-bean said...

what kind of music does your husband's band play?

4:18 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

jenny, they mostly play rock/alternative.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home