Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rain, Rain, stay a little longer, won't you?

We've had non-stop rain since Thursday night. This usually throws me for a loop, as dark, dreary days have been known to depress me. But it's been so long since we've had good, soaking rain, I can't complain. All the brown areas outside are starting to turn green again. My plants are very happy. The bell peppers on my pepper plants seemed to turn red overnight, although I know it's technically the sun that produces the color change. I just like to imagine that everything is happy to get a drink.

Yesterday I went to get my hair cut. The woman I go to is named CeCe and she's 45 minutes away (with no traffic), but it's worth the drive. She's more than just a hair stylist. She's practically a part of the family, since she also cuts my husband's hair, my mother-in-law's hair, and whenever she's in town, my sister-in-law's. CeCe is a bibliophile, so we always have interesting conversations about her current reads. Lately she's been reading up on ancient Rome and the gladiators, so I told her my husband would bring our pictures from Rome next time he comes in.

It was pouring when I started for home, and traffic came to a standstill because the road was flooded. Luckily I was able to bail out and take another route home. I was thankful for AWD yesterday, and for my husband, who helped me navigate the alternate route.

At night I use a sound machine to help me sleep, since even the littlest noises can wake me. I laughed the other night when I turned it on, as it was set to its usual sound: rainfall. Since nature has been kind enough to provide that for the last few nights, we've saved a little electricity. Alex has had fun with the waves of water that wash down our streets. He jumps at them as though he thinks he can trap them between his paws. He's puzzled when this doesn't work. ;-) When we towel-dry him back at home, the damp fur turns him into a little maniac. Friday night we laughed until we cried as he raced around the house, growling. Why do dogs do this?

And speaking of Alex, here are a few pictures of him relaxing at home.



Doing my cute walking-on-hind-legs trick for rawhide.
Dad wants to put me on TV, but mom says she'd
never whore her baby out like that. Thanks, Mom!





Mmm... rawhide is the best invention ever.




And I'll end the night with a belly rub, please.
Ahhh....


6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Aww, Alex pictures...I may have to kidnap him. J/K.

What's AWD, by the way?

Rainy here too...

10:11 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Ok, i'm guessing all wheel drive...i haven't had a car in a while.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

You're right; it's all wheel drive. Or, A Watermelon Daquiri.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a cutie? I think Alex and Rowen would get along very well. Rowen has never met a puddle she didn't like.

We're finally getting the rain here. Yay!

Hope the sun comes out for you soon!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous jenny-bean said...

cutie pie. i wish my cats liked water...

4:12 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

What a cute dog! I want a dog so much, but Luke and I's apartment is just too small.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home