Saturday, October 01, 2005

You Should Be Dancing

NEED. MORE. COFFEE. PLEASE.

Last night hubby and I went out with some friends to a little dance club we like. There is a floor where they play 80’s music almost exclusively, and we spend most of our time there because:

  • Dance moves like the Kid n’ Play should be practiced, lest they be forgotten
  • I love it when a whole room full of people yell in unison, “Tiiiiin ROOF! Rusted.”
  • I can’t leave until they play Billie Jean
  • The black light makes my teeth glow in a really interesting way
  • Where else can you see full-grown men singing Like a Virgin?

But this morning? I am kind of regretting the Long Island Iced Tea I drank. And the fact that we didn’t get to bed until after 4 a.m. Because of course we were hungry after showing off our professional-like dance moves all night, and omelets and tuna melts and french fries HAD TO BE LOCATED, STAT. If the waiter was horrified when the sweaty lot of us sat down at his table, he didn’t show it. We gave him a nice big tip because he kept us supplied with plenty of water and coffee and didn’t mind the fact that we were often laughing hysterically at non-funny things. Like the salt shaker.

I can’t remember the last time I had a night like that, and there’s a good reason.

I AM GETTING TOO OLD FOR THIS.

Too old to do all of those things in a single night, anyway. I can’t dance like a fool for four hours AND have mixed drinks AND yell over the music AND fend off sleazy guys AND eat bad fried food AND stay up until 4:30 a.m.

But I hope I’ll continue to do all of those things individually, in moderation. Except for the sleazy guys, of course. Because we did have an awful lot of fun. And trust me, that salt shaker was hilarious. You just had to be there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

What a fabulous entry! I love all things '80s. The club you mentioned reminds me of Culture Club in New York. It has a wall-size mural of Tom Cruise in Cocktail, and Debbie Gibson performs there regularly.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

I was I was there. They don't have any decent eighties dance clubs in Indianapolis.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Debbie Gibson! Does she perform the classics? Strange how I can still remember all the words to her songs when I play my old tapes.

Did anyone else have Electric Youth perfume?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Hehe ;) No Electric Youth perfume, but I danced vigorously to "Only in My Dreams" at the club. Alas, I have never seen her perform there, because while I like her, I don't like her in a $50 way. You know what I mean? I also apply this reasoning to clothes.

I also saw a poster saying that JORDAN KNIGHT was going to perform at Culture Club. I couldn't believe it.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I actually attended a NKOTB concert, I will admit... but I don't think I'd care to see any of them on stage again. Not even for $20...

7:02 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I saw them open for Tiffany ;) No one had heard of them yet.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home