Sunday, November 27, 2005

Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Gone

Yes, my friends. They came, they ate, they drank a lot, and they had fun. Now they're all back home, sleeping it off and wishing they had some more of my yummy mashed potatoes.

I plan to write a more detailed account of the week's events, but in general everything went very well. There were enough chairs and plates and silverware, and lots of good food, and lots of laughter. And no one fell down the stairs, a fact that would amaze you if you could see how many empty wine bottles are in my recycling bin at this very moment.

I even survived the annual Black Friday shopping extravaganza with my mom and sister, which was much improved by an early stop at Ann Taylor, where I bought presents for no one but myself. And I love them very much. Thank you, Self. You are very generous. And have great taste in sweaters.

And lest you think that I am Selfish and Self-Absorbed, I should report that I have also made a serious dent in my gift-buying for Others. Self will not be getting any more presents, except for a new food processor which shall be purchased with the help of gift cards and coupons. This is not really Selfish since it will be used to prepare meals that will nourish my family. It is simply a bonus that it is a beautiful piece of machinery that Self has been lusting after for the past year.

;-)

And Alex has reached a major developmental milestone. He will tolerate a sweater. This after blatantly refusing to have any type of material attached to his body, including bandanas or snow booties, for the past two years. Here he proudly shows off his new couture:

I'm too sexy for this city!

I'm a model, you know what I mean, and I do a little dance on the sidewalk...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Aww ;) He looks beautiful. I did some minor shopping on Black Friday - B&N for a book (Solo by Emily Barr) and holiday cards. They were 20% off :) Glad your holiday went well.

12:52 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

How adorable Alex is in his sweater! Red is definitely his color!

Glad you had a great holiday!!! :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

What a stylish doggie. Hope you can recover from turkey day.

roxanne

2:49 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

His girlfriend will never be able to resist him now!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home