Tuesday, November 01, 2005

On the Shelf

I got this from Bearette, who suggested that we choose a book shelf and list all the books on it. Keep in mind that my husband is a social worker by day, musician by night. You'll be able to tell which books are his. ;-)

  • The VH1 Rock Stars Encyclopedia
  • Kiss & Make Up (Gene Simmons)
  • Motley Crue: the Dirt
  • Stairway to Heaven
  • The Ramones
  • The Beatles: An Oral History
  • The Lost Writings of Jim Morrison
  • Who Was Eleanor Rigby?
  • Memoirs of a Geisha (Golden)
  • The Little Black Puppy (this is one of those Golden Books... the puppy in the illustrations looks just like Alex. ;-)
  • The Rose Man of Sing Sing (Morris) My mom knows the author and he was very excited when he found out I am a librarian. In the book he wrote, "To Liz: Every day I sing the praises of librarians. Without you, we authors would be lost." :-)
  • Nights of Rain and Stars (Maeve Binchy. Used to love her books, but I have not really enjoyed the last several)
  • The Great Gatsby
  • The Gift of Fear (Gavin de Becker... must-read for all women, I think)
  • Cold Mountain
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
  • Tomorrow Will Be Better (Betty SMith)
  • Joy in the Morning (Betty Smith)
  • Death of a Salesman
  • The Girl Who Owned a City (OT Nelson)
  • The Hobbit
  • I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
  • The Accidental Tourist (Tyler)
  • Breathing Lessons (Tyler)
  • Good in Bed (Weiner)
  • White Oleander (Fitch)
  • Misery (King)
  • Where the Sidewalk Ends (Silverstein)
  • The Missing Piece (Silverstein)
  • Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary

There were so many shelves to choose from! Lucky for you all that I didn't choose one of the shelves that houses all our professional books. Lots of social worky, therapy-ish, librarianistic stuff. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Hehe :) I'm guessing the Gene Simmons, Motley Crue and Ramones books are all his. Loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and anything by Anne Tyler. I wish she wrote faster :) I'll have to check out the fear book, it sounds interesting.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

The first 8 are his. I didn't try to segregate, but I think Betty Smith wanted to keep her distance from Gene Simmons and that tongue...

5:53 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

I would do this, but I don't feel like listing all of the gazillion Archie comic books I have. :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home