Monday, December 19, 2005

I Wish You a Merry Christmas

Subtitle: And I Hope You Don't Have To Spend 12-15 Hours In The Car Like Me

(to the tune of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas")


I wish you could take my place now
I wish you could take my place now
How I wish you could take my place now!
I can't stand this car.

We’re traveling to Florida
Twelve hours of bliss
Now that’s with no traffic--
In D.C.? HILARIOUS!

Please come and take my place now
Oh please come and take my place now
For the love of God, please get me out of here!
We’ve only gone how far?

We should be there soon
A few hours, tops!
(As long as Liz doesn’t get hauled to jail
for flipping off the cops.)

I wish you would take my place now
I wish you would take my place now
Oh I wish you would take my place now
I've listened to my Madonna CD six hundred times.

The palm trees rush by
The geezers are thick
Now we’re listening to audio books
While the dog’s getting sick.

I wish you could take my place now
I wish you could take my place now
I wish you could take my place now
FOR CHRISTSSAKES- AREN’T WE THERE YET?

My parents are thrilled
We’ve found their address
Butts aching, dog’s quaking,
The car is a mess.

I wish you would take my place now
Oh I wish you would take my place now
Won't you be nice and take my place now?
The hell? I can wear SHORTS in DECEMBER?

It’s all been worthwhile
Though my mom is insane
Have fun driving back home, M,
I’m renting a PLANE.

I wish you a merry Christmas!
I wish you a happy Hanukkah!
I wish you a jolly Kwanzaa!
Don't be a moron like me-- stay home, will ya?

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hah! That's fantastic!

Have a few holiday margaritas---that'll erase the ride from your memory. Or, at least, make you care less.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I love your new Rowen avatar!

And yes-- holiday margaritas may be in order. Maybe I'll put one in my travel mug. Aside from the salt on the rim, no one will ever guess!

11:22 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I will be saying prayers for you! Man, I just got back from those crazy drivers up there and can't imagine what it's gonna be like around Christmas! Ack!

We have a 4.5 hour drive, so I can empathize somewhat....

:) Maybe next time I get out there we can meet up!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Woo hoo! Margaritas in the car ;) Good luck! I hate traveling for Christmas too, though it will be good to see the fam.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

By the way, Liz---I don't know how they did it, but I think Alex and Rowen have been exchanging notes on how to make us crazy. Less than 24 hours after she had a very expensive bath, Rowen tried to pull an Alex in a field of poo.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

These naughty dogs-- shall we throw away their Christmas presents? Alex made off with my fuzzy socks this morning and wouldn't give them back.

Bdogg- that would be fun!

Bearette- are you traveling, or staying in NYC??

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Going back to Massachusetts...Amtrak since we don't have a car. As usual I will get on the train before D, and hope frantically that he gets there on time.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Very creative! I may need a song to sing during travels this year. I'll keep this one in mind. :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I hope you survived!

:)

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home