Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Black-Out and Bling-Bling

The long weekend was nice and mostly quiet. I got some cleaning and a lot of cooking done. You see, I bought a new food processor last month and I have been a slicing, shredding, chopping, emulsifying fool ever since. I am in Love. I will try to post pictures of her this week. Yes, it's a she, and her name is Mammy.

On Saturday night M's band was supposed to perform at a club. They were the headliners, so two bands went on before them. I stood with my cousin and friends in too-high heels for a couple of hours, shouting over the music and drinking vodka and cranberry to kill the pain in my feet.

Finally, it was their turn. They got on stage, got all their equipment set up, and moved to the front of the stage to address the crowd. And then...

The power went out.

The wind had been extremely high over the past day or two, and lots of people lost power, including the club. Actually, the entire block was out. Now, as an INFJ, I am not especially fond of big crowds, and "not fond" escalates to "afraid" when the lights have gone out and most of the people in said crowd have been drinking. I stood with my back against the wall and was thankful that my bouncer-looking cousin was right next to me in case a riot broke out. Luckily everyone was well-behaved and in high spirits, even though we were in the dark for almost 45 minutes before the management made a decision to close the club.

Oh well.

(And Bearette, I did tell your barbiturate joke during the black out. Everyone laughed.)

On another note, I got a surprise from my husband this weekend for no apparent reason. Or maybe it was in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. day. It begins and ends with D, and there are five of them on a gold band, and I've named it Bling. Thank you, honey. Mammy and I will make you some delicious soup tonight!

And very soon I shall be fired, because I can't stop staring at my finger.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

That's awesome! About the barbiturates and the diamond ;) Let's see pictures!

I think I will start calling myself Mammy now, so I can fit in with your food processor and Kim's furniture.

Mammy

9:28 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I guess that's disturbing.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Maybe you could be another character. How about Bonnie Blue? I always liked that name.

Or Prissy? Ashley? Melanie?

9:40 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Bonnie Blue it is ;) Though I don't want to die in the end.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Okay. Just stay off the horses.

10:47 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

You know what Scarlett was going to name Bonnie Blue?

Eugenia Victoria.

I remember that from the movie....

1:37 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

I am currently reading Wedding Etiquette Hell, and one of the "no-way-in-Hell-should-you-do-this" real-life scenarios included a Gone with the Wind ceremony theme. All they were missing was Bonnie and the horse.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I don't know, Frema, it could be a lot of fun to get married wearing green velvet curtains...

3:38 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I agree.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home