Thursday, January 19, 2006

I can remember lots of WHMS quotes, but not much else

As I was leaving the house in a rush this morning I realized that I had forgotten my coat. I was too lazy to get out of my car and go back into the house for it. No big deal, I thought, since today I would be parking in a parking garage and walking just a few feet into the building.

My last thought before I pulled out of the garage: This is probably stupid of me. What if there’s a fire drill or something?

Ha. Ha ha ha.

So guess what happened at work?

Ding ding ding! You win!

So I stood outside shivering and cursing myself until they gave us the all-clear. Then I went back into the office and closed the door.

And my coat fell off the back hook and landed in a pile at my feet.

Sometimes I think it is a miracle that I am allowed to hold a job. Especially one that involves teaching.

In other news, we are having a When Harry Met Sally quote-off over at Bearette’s. Come join the fun! No coats required.

Edited to add:
2:43 p.m.
Locked wallet and car keys in office cabinet. Cannot find key to cabinet. Am stupid. PLEASE HELP.

Edited again to add:
3:39 p.m.
Found key. Liberated wallet and car keys. Forgot to eat lunch today. Am starving. Even so, will not have to spend night at office. That's good.

13 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Poor Liz! Hope your day gets better.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

You know, I remember reading that supernormal intuition can be a gift of INFJs.

Now how did I know there was going to be a fire drill? Huh?

On the other hand, as I was locking my cabinet I did not know that I was going to lose the key.

Huh.

3:53 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Oh my gosh. lol I was just randomly trolling through blogs - at work, no less - and came across yours. So funny! I'm glad no one walked past to see me grinning at this computer. Thanks for the silent giggles - I'll try to come back for more. :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

We all have those moments. Sometimes my mom looks for her glasses when she's wearing them. Or I'll look for a hat when it's on.

Oops!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I think I actually did that with a backpack. I guess the whole Frey thing has made me a stickler for accuracy.

;)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I think I've had more than a few days like that one.

I absolutely LOVE When Harry Met Sally. Don't know if I could compete in a quote off though.

roxanne

9:10 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I see you have your blogroll up! I have to apologize, for a while I had your blog listed below "Ramblings of the Chick Lit Book Girl," then I figured out that Q comes *before* R.

Oy.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hehe. You're normally quite good with the alphabet, so we'll give you a pass on that one. :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger New Mezger said...

That was so funny. I'm sorry you had to live through that stress, but it provided great humor.

I want to share this with you...we're going to go see her tomorrow (hoping Russell will let me take her home). I want her so bad and I suppose I'm throwing my terrier research out the window!!

http://www.buysellcommunity.com/sale/JQAXSSUQ/

I thought she would look familiar to someone you know well.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

SO CUTE!!!!!

She could pass for Alex's little sister.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I just got out of the car and realized I didn't have my keys in my hands like I usually do. So I went and opened the back door, unzipped the window (I have a jeep), crawled over the back seat and couldn't find them anywhere. They were in my purse which was sitting on hood.

Good times. I guess everyday can't go perfect. :o)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

NM-- she is adorable! If she had the white chin, chest, and paws, they could practically be twins. :)

Kim- once, on a high-stress day, I actually started crying because I left my keys on the front seat when I shut the door. A co-worker came to help and pointed out that the doors were unlocked.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Oh no. When I was working in MA, I locked myself out of the car once (it was my mother's) and my supervisor waited with me for someone to come and jimmy it open. When I got home, my mother pointed out that there was a spare key taped behind the license plate (I had felt around for it, but couldn't find it).

My supervisor never found out, though ;)

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home