Friday, January 13, 2006

Nice to meet you, I'm INFJ

I never truly knew what my psychological type was, even though taking Myers-Briggs-type tests was a common requirement throughout my social work education and training. The tests themselves used to stress me out, because I felt like there could be more than one answer for many of the questions (aha! What does that say about me??). I'd sit there, skip questions, come back to them, and finally randomly select an answer out of sheer exasperation. When I got the results I was dubious, wondering how accurate they could really be. The only thing I knew for sure was that I tended to be introverted.

But recently I took another test, and I came out as INFJ (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging). When I read more about this type I felt, overall, like I was reading about myself. So I think I've found myself. And since I believe that your psychological type can change over time, maybe I'll find myself a few more times down the road.

How do you all feel about about the Myers-Briggs instrument? Do you know what "type" you are?

Self: Hi Liz, nice to meet you!

Self: Thank you, Liz.

Self: Stop pretending that you're Laura Ingalls.

Self: Okay.

Self: Wacko.

Self: Bitch.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

:) I'm an ENFP. And a big fan of the Myers Briggs!

It's funny, I often try to guess people's types and I had you pegged as an INFP. Oh well.

Have a good weekend!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I love the descriptions of the types here:

http://www.personalitypage.com/portraits.html

3:18 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I don't score too much higher on judging than planning. Parts of both can apply to me. Planning that apply to me are:

I like to keep plans to a minimum.
I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens.

Your assessment was very good!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm an INTJ, with a huge emphasis on the I part (as in, 100%). I really haven't fluctuated much despite taking the test repeatedly over nearly 10 years. I occasionally come out F instead of T.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Lisa- if you're going to do something, you might as well give 100%. :)

4:49 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I'm an INFP! I can't remember what characteristics they have, though!

:)

12:03 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Okay, I just read about my type, and it's SO me.....

12:05 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bdogg, I would have thought you were an extrovert!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Why can't everyone's selves just get along? :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

I'm also an INFJ and I completely understand your skeptism over the test. I always felt like I was faking the anwsers, but once you get into the theory it's quite fasinating.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home