Monday, January 30, 2006

Recipe for a Happy Couple

Take one girl who has made training horses her whole life and has faced some very tough hurdles.

Take one boy who was raised in the country and helped her get over them.

Introduce one beautiful diamond ring.

Ask her mom to be the matron of honor.

Ask his dad to be the best man.

Liz will buy her bridesmaid’s dress and get shoes dyed to match.

M will get his tux and wonder how his little sister grew up so fast.

Neither believes that this glowing woman is the same girl who used to tag along on their dates years ago.

Neither believes they will make it through the ceremony without losing it completely.

Host one engagement dinner at our house.

We meet his family, his family meets ours.

For better or for worse,

In sickness and in health,

In times of feasting and times of famine.

Tonight, it was a feast.



ALSO, A RECIPE FOR MAKING YOUR KITCHEN LOOK LIKE A MUSHROOM-RUM BOMB EXPLODED IN IT:


(click to enlarge)



Okay, I had more pictures to post but Blogger is not cooperating and I must go kill it now. Cheers!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Love the salt and pepper shakers!! Blogger was giving me problems with photos as well, but they're up now.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

I can't wait to learn about what goes on at engagement parties. My china-happy aunt suggested she throw one, but I was afraid people would take it as another gift-giving thing so I said no. Apparently I am very afraid of receiving gifts.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Don't worry, Frema. We didn't give them any gifts. In fact, we beat them up as soon as they arrived so they wouldn't expect too much.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

So you gave them the gift of a knuckle sandwich! Interesting. :)

Also, what David's Bridal dress are you wearing for your sister-in-law's wedding?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Frema, I looked at the website and I think it's style F4497, in periwinkle blue.

I really like the ones you picked out, too.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

How sweet! I hope it truly is a recipe for a happy couple. Sounds like a fun time was had by all. And from the looks of your kitchen.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home