Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This is what I do when I have too much time on my hands...

M had an unexpected band rehearsal last night, so when I got home from my step class I had the whole evening and house to myself. So what did I do?

Play with the camera!

And take blurry pictures of many random things!

(Photo tip: Merlot might make you think that you are a professional photographer, but do not listen to Merlot. You are not.)

First I decided that any beverage I consumed should match the red couches in the living room.



Hey! Funny! Merlot is red.




After the merlot I took pictures of my flannel I Love Lucy pajamas. While I was wearing them.


The white part under the heart is the conveyor belt from the famous candy factory episode.

Then I noticed that Alex had stolen one of my fuzzy socks. Stealing socks and scrunchies (yes, I will admit that I still own a couple of scrunchies) is one of his favorite passtimes.


Mmm... socks are so tasty!


Yes, I know I'm naughty. But frankly, I don't care.


And lastly, the pictures of the ring.



I also took picturs of the television, my slippers, and the black bean enchiladas that M made for dinner, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Alex is so cute eating socks ;) And what a nice ring!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Maybe it's a good thing that Alex and Rowen won't meet. Rowen hasn't figured out yet that she's supposed to eat my socks and I'd like to keep it that way!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

He doesn't actually eat or rip them. :) He just loves to run up and down the hallway, tossing the sock in the air and dodging us, and he's so funny when he does it that we can't help rewarding him for his negative behavior.

Bad parents. ;)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Oh my God, that ring is awesome! And I love your living room color scheme and decor. It makes me itch for a house even MORE.

10:55 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Your ring is beautiful!

And your living room is awesomely decorated....love the lamp!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks guys. Decorating the house was a slow and long process.

And the ring- I can't take credit for that. :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Alex and Rowen may meet someday in the future. I have heard whispers of a blog dog convention in D.C.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Am I the only one who has I Love Lucy pajamas? :)

8:03 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I--gasp--never got into "I Love Lucy," but I do have some pink flannel pajamas with shoes on them....

I did think the candy factory episode was funny, and the one where they tried to break their lease with Fred and Ethel.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I covet your couch. This is creepy for a stranger to say, and yet there: I said it.

However, I know that I am not right for your couch. I don't have the lovely hardwood floors, nor whatever that other piece of furniture is that you have in the background that looks like it wasn't harvested from an apartment building's wasteland of abandoned furniture.

I think your couch would grow sadder and sadder, wondering where its other home was and hey, where is that smell coming from? "Nice try with the candles and incense, guys," your couch would think, "but that smell is totally squatting here with no signs of leaving."

So instead, I'll simply covet from Rockville. Because that's what we do in Rockville; we covet.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi, Rockville Mike!

You should have seen Red Couch's predecessor. It was a scratchy plaid nightmare. We had to stack books and pieces of foam under the middle cushion to keep it from sinking.

10:28 AM  
Blogger New Mezger said...

I love Alex.

merlot, couch, room, ring, pjs...loverly. all of it is beautiful.

Sweet Alex. I love him.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home