Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Good boy, Alex!

M came home last night with the mail in his hand. When Alex ran up to greet him in his usual frenzy of excitement, M handed him a piece of junk mail (a product announcement from one of our investment firms) and said, "Go give this to Mommy!"

Alex clenched it in his teeth and ran straight to me in the living room. M and I swelled with pride at our dog's obvious intelligence.

"Good boy, Boo!" I squealed. "Who's the smartest boy in the world?" As I reached out for my mail, Alex jumped up on the couch and proceeded to rip it to pieces.

We knew that Alex likes to rip up cardboard boxes. When I use up a box of brown sugar? I just toss the box over the counter and he takes care of it. He nearly faints from excitement if we buy new shoes because he adores those paper balls that they stuff up in the toes. Christmas morning is three solid hours of ripping and shredding ecstasy!

Well, now we know how to dispose of that pesky junk mail.












Apparently Alex doesn't think much of Fidelity Investments.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my gosh are those pictures CUTE! Sending Alex many, many pats on the head and a tummy tickle.

1:14 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

That is the cutest series of pictures ever. I love the second one, b/c he's like 'Look what I did Mommy! Praise me!'

1:47 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

That second one makes me laugh every time I think about it. He looks like such a lunatic!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Look at that--your very own shredder! :)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

LOL - Liz, I was going to say, "He looks a little crazed in the second picture"! I think it's just the frenzy of excitement.

What a perfect doggy ;)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I met the cutest Westie named Sarah tonight. I was like, "Sarah, I love you," and she licked my face.

:)

10:28 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

We have a lot of junk mail if Alex wants to come and visit?!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Whadayaknow? Our shredder and our trash compacter run on Nutro dog kibble!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous melissa said...

sweet Alex. can he also take care of telemarketers? ha ha

2:04 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Melissa- don't I wish!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Aw. So cute.

I have some credit card offers I need shredded. Does Alex to freelance?

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home