Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Put this on the refrigerator, Mom!

Okay, everyone. I feel the need to announce that I just sewed a button on my shirt, while wearing the shirt, while also sitting in my office and checking my email.

Huh? HUH?

(applause)

Thank you! Thank you! I'd like to thank my mother, who taught me how to sew, and my boss, for acting like nothing was out of the ordinary when she saw me doing this, and Ann Taylor, for providing the shirt, and myself, for not losing the button two weeks ago when it fell off...

(cane appears stage left and yanks Liz off by her neck)

(APPLAUSE!!!!!)


Guess what? My shoes came last night. In five days, including the weekend! I ordered them from a DC-based business called Simply Soles (www.simplysoles.com). Not only did they arrive quickly, but there was a hand-written note inside from Rebeccah, the general manager, thanking me for my order. I think I am in love with you, Simply Soles. I know my husband really loves me because he saw how much I spent on those shoes (never you mind) but agrees with all of you about their extreme cuteness.

When M got home last night he found me in our bathroom standing on the toilet, drinking sauvignon blanc, painting the walls Glacier Lake blue and rocking out to Deana Carter. Would you believe that I actually paint better when I've had a glass of wine?

7 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Holy ^@(*&#(, you did spend a lot on those!! At least they were on sale ;)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Encore! Encore! Bravo!

I'm very impressed. For all my needlecrafting, I'm very clumsy when it comes to repairing clothes. And to do it while wearing the shirt? Good show.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bearette- I think that's what M was thinking. But I'm not normally a big spender. ;-)

Lisa- I hereby admit that I have repaired fallen hems with book tape. My talents don't extend to hemming pants while wearing them.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Still loving the shoes! Once we're pulling in a second income again, one of my first "frivolous" purchases will be cute office shoes.

2:39 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Women are the ultimate multitaskers!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I am wearing The Shoes today. I think today should be declared a national holiday.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Vermicious Knids! That's from Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home