Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowel

I was embarrassed on Sunday morning when I was caught by two neighbors looking oh-so-fine in my I Love Lucy pajama bottoms, my puffy black winter coat, my skiing rabbit mittens, and my feet stuffed into M’s huge sneakers (because my feet can slide right in without any unlacing, see?). Before I took Alex outside I debated about whether I should get dressed first. Nah, I thought, no one will be outside at this hour.

Not only did two neighbors come outside just as I got to the street, but as I was trying to hurry Alex to a less-visible location he decided to squat and slowly do his business. Which, really, the only way I could have looked worse was if I were standing next to a pile of steaming dog poo.

Check! Thanks, Boo.


Neighbor Tom: Hey, Liz!

Liz: Oh… hi! (turns sideways, thinking pajamas may be less visible that way. Realizes that shoes look much bigger from side. Faces forward again.)

Neighbor Tom: Getting ready for the Super Bowl?

Liz: Uh…. Well, you know, not at this very moment. (Gestures at the pooping dog. Why do I gesture at the pooping dog?)

Neighbor Sandy: Hey, you two! Getting ready for the Super Bowl?

Liz: Uh… (Should I pick up the poop now? Or wait? Or do it now? Or… wait?)

Neighbor Tom: GO STEELERS!

Alex continues to poop, walking in little hunched-over circles.

Liz: GO, ALEX!

Neighbors Tom and Sandy: ????

Liz: This is really a lot of poop for him.


And in related news, I spent an hour watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet yesterday. The cuteness was almost lethal.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

LOL. It is embarrassing when they do No. 2, isn't it?

;)

4:39 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

i hope the puppies didn't injure themselves doing tackles.

;)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hee! I think my neighbors have gotten used to seeing me in my pjs and whatever pair of shoes is closest to the door in the morning---and again in the evening.

I don't think I've ever had the poo embarrassment---but mostly because as soon as Rowen sees a person (or a dog or a moth or a leaf or a molecule of air), she forgets that she ever had to go potty even if she was just in mid-squat and has to say hello RIGHT NOW.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my gosh---the puppy bowl? So cute! Rowen would be beside herself with joy if she could play in it.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I think you are officially ready to have a human child (versus your doggie child). Once you start talking poop, it's all over. I'm sure your neighbors didn't notice your outfit at all after Alex did his little distracting act!

So just how DO they play the puppy super bowl?

roxanne

12:04 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

The puppy bowl is a riot-- they just put a bunch of adorable pups in a pen that is marked to look like a football field. The cameras catch them playing with the toys and with each other. There's even a "Bowl Cam" at the bottom of the water bowl so you can watch the dogs drinking. Every once in a while a referee will come out and call a penalty, like when a puppy had an accident on the field. ;-)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home