Monday, February 13, 2006

"You" only has three letters-- is it really necessary to shorten it to "U"?

I was at one of my step classes at the gym on Saturday morning and I was working it. It was the last song of the hour, the final three minutes of the class, and the song was Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone. I was tired, sweating, and dying of thirst, but I was an aerobicizing maniac. And you know what?

I LOVE that song. And I'm not even embarrassed about it!

As I was jumping and turn-stepping and doing my repeaters I was unabashedly singing along.

Since U been goooone
I can breathe for the first time
I'M SO MOVING ON
Yeah, yeah!

I so wished I was just coming out of a bad break-up so the song could be my personal soundtrack. But somehow, the fact that I've been in love with the same guy for 11 years didn't stop me from strongly imagining that I had just walked away from some TOTAL ASSHOLE who ripped my heart out and walked all over it.

I was pissed. And as I pounded my step, sweaty and red-faced and with bits of my hair sticking straight up, I WAS GETTING JUSTICE FOR EVERY WRONGED WOMAN IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

At the end of the class a guy everyone calls Dr. Bill came up to me and said, "It looked like you really enjoyed that last one, Liz."

"I'm so moving on, Bill."

"You're leaving your husband?"

"I'll start with just leaving the gym."


Yes, Dr. Bill is a real doctor and to my knowledge has never played one on TV. Alex's vet also attends classes with me. May I say that it is comforting to know that the man who watches over my little pup can do a kick-ass lunge? It is also very comforting to know that medical emergencies for either humans or pets can be promptly addressed during step aerobics class.

U know what I mean?

9 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Prince also likes to abbreviate "you." Then again, he reduced himself to a symbol ;)

10:41 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Sounds like Dr Bill should have his own TV show. Episode 1 - Our hero lunges suddenly to rescue the handbag of a lady out walking her dog...dog then goes into cardiac arrest and receives the same loving treatment.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I love that song 2.

Maybe U can bring Alex to UR next class with U. He can probably do a kick ass lunge 2.

roxanne

8:19 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

LOL-- U all R 2 funny!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Just thought I would let you know.....me and the family went to the library tonight and my daughter decided that she will probably be a librarian when she grows up.

I hope all the creepy guys stay away from her library. Of course she'll just kick them in the crotch if they try anything(this is a solution to everything for her!).

Just FYI

9:06 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

The world could use more crotch-kicking librarians. :-)

3:04 PM  
Anonymous melissa said...

the other thing that annoys me is when words are misspelled on purpose, like 'donuts'.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Melissa, you must not like Kwik Foto then.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Kwik Foto? Now that's going too far...

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home