Friday, March 31, 2006

The Little Grill

One of my favorite restaurants in the world has a creaky wooden chairs, mismatched silverware, and boxes of old Trivial Pursuit cards on the tables. If you ever find yourself in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, head to Harrisonburg and take in a meal at The Little Grill.

It's a small, worker-owned restaurant that's open every day except Monday. On Mondays it turns into a community soup kitchen where "everyone in the world" is invited to help cook, serve, and eat a meal.

Now they've gone and gotten themselves a fancy website. If you go for breakfast, may I suggest the banana-walnut pancakes? They are delicious.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

the blue monkeys are also intriguing...

12:10 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I love how they say about the French toast, "Not a pancake but we include it in the family." Just in case it felt left out ;)

It looks awesome, I am definitely going there if I am ever in Shenandoah.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I go there whenever I am even remotely close to Harrisonburg. And if M goes without me? He knows not to come home without a take-out box for me. (it's okay that it's cold after the 2 1/2 hour drive). :)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

The Little Grill has a spot on MySpace.com, where they describe the restaurant as a 78-year old female. :)

2:05 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

That totally made me smile.... :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Their menu looks great and I can't believe how cheap everything is?!

My fave restaurant was "The 3 Monkeys" a coffeeshop that used to be in West End in Brisbane (Australia). It had lots of tiny, intriguing rooms and was decorated with all kinds of ethnic goodies from Asia, Africa, Latin America etc. They had stacks of boardgames to choose from including my fave - Trivial Pursuit :) Delicious food too...

10:17 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

BTW Liz, I've tagged you :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

There's a place exactly like this in Amsterdam which I loved. I've been looking for something similar since last year and here it is. I'm totally there.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home