Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Alex the Afraid yet Adorable

Alliteration is amazingly awesome, all.

Alex has been none too pleased with all the storms we've been having lately. In desperation he has been seeking new hiding places, including behind the chair in the family room (see below) and the behind the washing machine. It's become a game now, hunting through the house and seeing who can find him first.
















Oh noooooooooo...


On Sunday night we had storms all night long. When M and I went up to bed, Alex scurried up the stairs on my heels and curled up square on my chest. Remember when hotels used to have those vibrating beds that you could activate with a quarter? Yeah, it was just like that. He was shaking so hard, even reading a few pages of my book was impossible. Finally a huge crash of thunder sent him flying from the bed.

I drifted off for a while. I awoke when I heard a strange noise in the bathroom. Crap, I thought, I hope there's not a leak in the ceiling.

I went to check. When I turned the light on, there was Alex, hunched in the corner of our glassed-in shower stall.

My poor baby. It probably doesn't help that his new haircut makes him look all wee and vulnerable.


Before haircut. Behold the wooly beast!





















And after:
















Please, no storms today!
Am running out of hiding places!



Oh yes, and how do you like my new shoes?

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Poor Alex!! I love the one with his eyes closed.

Those shoes look painful! I think they would make me over six feet tall :(

10:57 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

;) I often wear heels, so I guess my feet are used to them. These are a little higher than usual, though- I think they're 3 1/2 inches.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

The shoes are for a wedding. I'm still looking at other options, so I may need feedback on which pair to return. :)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Awwwww. Poor Alex! He does look like a little lab puppy now, though.

Rowen is fine with the storms, but she's afraid of the wind. Even the gentlest breeze coming through the window gets her all worked up.

Love the shoes! Mind you, I would break my ankle just trying to stand in those, but I do admire them---and you for wearing them.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

There is definitely fortitude involved in shoes like that ;) 3 1/2 is ok though.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I mean, compared to the 6 inches I originally thought they were ;)

11:20 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Alex is just so adorable, both shaved and not!

I wish I had the guts (and reasons) to wear shoes like that. Not to mention the nice-looking legs that it helps to have to go with them.

11:49 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

LOVE THE SHOES! You always have the coolest ones...

Poor Alex! I think he looks really good shaved, though. You can see the white patch on his chest!

11:58 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

You can see the white patch MORE CLEARLY, is what I was trying to say....

11:59 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

He also has a couple of black freckles on his white patch, which you never see unless he's shaved...

When it's not storming he seems to feel quite fancy-free in his new look. :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Those shoes are Sexy with a capital SEX. And Alex looks like a completely different dog. But cute nonetheless. :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I am lusting after your shoes - they are gorgeous :D And Alex is adorable with and without his curls!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Too cute...the dog and the shoes. Although, admittedly, I know nothing about shoes.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

a.) I just want to hug Alex. He looks so scared behind the couch!

b.) Those shoes are HAWT.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I said couch, I meant chair. My brain and fingers don't away work together.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home