Thursday, April 06, 2006

And we're off

You may not hear from me for a few days. M and I are heading to Brooklyn for a short visit with my brother and sister. To save money we’re taking one of the super-economical Chinatown Express busses that run between DC and NYC. When we told them about our transportation choice, my brother was all, “CHINATOWN EXPRESS ROCKS AND SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT!” and my sister was all, “Ew.” Apparently she once had an unpleasant bathroom experience on one of the them when she was going to Philly. But she also favors Armani and Dolce & Gabbana, so I can see how she thinks we should opt for the stretch Hummer.

(just kidding, K. I love you! We can still stay with you, right?)

(K is my sister and she reads this blog)

(stretch Hummers are very nice)

But hey, it’s $70 roundtrip for the two of us, compared to $300 for the train. With the money we’ll save we can go to Whole Foods and buy a couple days’ worth of groceries!

(Whole Foods is also very nice)

The only sad thing is that Alex can’t come with us. So he is going to his Lap o’ Luxury kennel, which is his favorite place on earth (after the space behind the toilet).

Have good weekends, all. Let me know if you want me to score you some pizza or rock while I’m there.

(I have nothing against drug users)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

I've always wanted to take the Chinatown bus. Let me know if you want to get together while you're here ;) There is some very good pizza in Brooklyn.

4:27 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Itterasshai...tanoshindene (Have a safe and fun trip!)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home