Friday, April 14, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

  1. The Simple Life reruns on E!. This show makes me laugh so hard, it may be unhealthy. I wrote Nicole Richie a letter and asked if we could be BFF, but she hasn’t responded.

  2. Cleaning my car’s interior with Pledge Grab-It dry cloths while I’m in traffic. Yes, I keep a pack in my car. I love to swipe the dashboard with one and see the nice, clean path that follows. And they’re orange scented. Mmm.

  3. Also? I sometimes floss in the car. I LOVE multi-tasking.

  4. Caulking bathroom sinks and tubs. There is something very satisfying about pulling up the old, dirty caulk and squeezing in the new, clean stuff. The best part is wetting your finger and smoothing the line you just squeezed.

  5. Allowing Alex to chase the geese off our property. They’re so damn smug.

  6. Discovering the addiction that is Bubble Breaker on my new toy at work. I keep trying to beat my best score, which hasn’t happened yet. I lay awake at night wondering who may have a score better than mine.

  7. Mincing garlic for dinner last night and smelling it on my fingertips for the rest of the night. I love garlic.

  8. Opening and closing the windows in our family room. I hate the windows in our house; they are cranky and annoying. But the two in the family room operate with ease. I have ordered them not to associate with any of the other windows in the house. When asked why, I lied and said it was because they sniff paint thinner and hang out with racy doorknobs.

  9. My Super Sweet 16. I was delighted to find out that Heather B watches this, too. These kids and their parents fascinate me. I mean, their birthday parties cost more than my wedding and college education put together! Who has that much money? WHO? And why won’t they share?

  10. Getting the dog shaved down for the summer. Even though he looks funny, it means less vacuuming for me. And I like that very much.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Alex shaved down for the summer! I want to see that ;)

I've never caulked a tub. I'm impressed that you know how!

11:14 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Now I feel like I should be doing more in my car than just singing along with the radio and yelling at stupid drivers. lol

11:19 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Poor Alex. He's so wee without all his fur! All skinny and leggy. People sometimes think he's a lab puppy when his curls are shaved off. :)

Suzy- the car is a great place to get things done.

12:13 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I wonder what kind of cleaning I could do on the train during my commute?!

Maybe I should just stick with my iPod and books :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Number 2 is a great idea. When I'm driving, I'm constantly disgusted by the dust that has accumulated, and I always think, "Today is the day I will clean this car." And I don't.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The window one's hilarious....
I love you B!! I had a great time on your visit. Did you check out my myspace page? K$ -- I'll send you the link. Thanks for putting only flattering pictures on the site... :) I better not start getting harrassed for autographs now...

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home