Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pictionary!

Welcome to the first edition of Quiet in the Stacks Pictionary!

Brought to you by Burt's Bees!



Okay, here goes. I have a word or phrase in mind. I'll post a picture of my drawing each time I add something new. Guess as many times as you want.

"Aaaaaand tell the nice people what they'll win, Liz!"

Darn it, I forgot about prizes. So there aren't any. But the satisfaction of guessing correctly is a reward that tropical vacations and thousands of dollars can't beat!

You're convinced, aren't you? I can tell. Okay, I'll post something special for whoever guesses correctly, naming him/her the Master of the Universe.

And now, a word from our other sponsor:



"Try not to guess anything stupid, okay? And watch out for
Vernicious... she's good."


First picture:



Second:

And another word from our sponsor:


"I'm not moving until you people stop
saying butt crack."

Good job, Suzy ! You are on your way to being a Master of the Universe! The first word is ROAD.

Picture 3:


AND FREMA IS THE WINNER!!!!!!!!

The correct answer is: ROAD RAGE. That's me, on the right. (you didn't know that I'm bald and have unfortunate sticky-outie ears? but yes.)

Frema will be proclaimed the Master of the Universe tomorrow, and in the meantime I'm going to think up a harder word. Then you can challenge Frema's title. Mwahaha!


22 Comments:

Blogger Frema said...

Butt crack?

Seriously, no idea yet. But your nails look fabulous.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Table tennis!

And ditto on the nails.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Butt crack? Okay, I will also have to give Master of the Universe awards to funniest responses.

But you guys are heading in the right direction because the correct answer is two words! M told me that's what the line signifies... so I'll draw the first word on the left and the second word on the right.

Clue: Neither word is BUTT (and dammit, Frema, butt crack was going to be my word for the second edition and now my plan is RUINED!)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Burt's Bees: One time I was in a Border's bookstore and they had a sample of the stick your finger in the jar type lip balm. I open the container (not to test it...only to smell...I have a thing about smells) and the cashier suggested that I not test it since "lots of people have had their fingers in that...and you know, all those germs". "Yeah, I guess you're right." I didn't want to fess up to my smelling problem. He WAS quite helpful though.

My guess: two words

I'm so brilliant.

roxanne

10:55 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Crack head?

Have I ever mentioned my tendency to get obsessed with word games? Not scrabble so much, but word hunts, scrambles, codes, Taboo, Pictionary. . .

11:22 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

My guess is that it's something about a road or a stream or something.

I just bought my first tube of Burt's Bees chapstick. I like it! So I'll go with that sponsor. lol

11:59 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Is it SNORT?

I'm really good at this aren't I?

1:39 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Boggle is my favorite word game. I could play for hours!

Also, first word: bird?

1:58 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Butt crack? Crack head? SNORT?

Well. I don't know what to say about all this, except that I am proud to know each and every one of you!

Suzy got the first word: Road.

(and no- it's not road crack, butt road, or road snort)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Road Kill?

I'm halfway there at least. Oh yeah, you gave us the first word :)

roxanne

3:24 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Roxanne: Now we can add "road kill" to our list of sordid and incorrect guesses. ;)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Road rage? Cuz I'm thinking that the circle is actually the first step in drawing a human head with steam coming out his ears.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

You got it, Frema. You kicked Pictionary's butt! Now I'll be up all night trying to think up a harder word... ;)

I will crown you Master tomorrow.

4:08 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Well, I'm partially proud of myself. Silly me was too busy working to check back in time for another guess. LOL

4:11 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Of course this is all making me think of the pictionary scene in WHMS.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Very nice job, Frema!

Now for tomorrow's word.....

12:01 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

You're too funny! I loved the little mad face!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

"Baby fish mouth" is sweeping the nation!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I love it when the guy yells, "draw something resembling anything!"

not that that pertains to your drawings ;)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ah, but sometimes it does. ;)

10:12 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I'm crushed that I've been too insanely busy this week to join in...

(sobbing uncontrollably)

11:54 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Holy crap! I've been gone all weekend doing silly wedding business and JUST NOW saw my name in lights on this Web site!

Hooray!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home