Tuesday, May 09, 2006

No, really! Pictionary is still on!

Sorry, all. I've been away from my computer since Friday morning. First I have a quick story to share, and then it's back to Pictionary. I SWEAR.

M and I were watching Jamie’s School Lunch Project last night on TLC. Have you seen this show? Jamie Oliver, a.k.a. The Naked Chef, sets out on a mission to make London’s school lunches more delicious and nutritious. Jamie is British, and since my husband once lived in London he thought I needed a translator during the show.


Jamie Oliver: All these children eat for lunch, five days a week, is pizza and chips!

M: ‘Chips’ are French fries.

Liz: (smiles) I know, thanks.



Jamie Oliver: (upon spotting some of the lunch ladies smoking) I can’t believe it! If we had cooks smokin’ fags in my restaurant, they’d be sacked. We don’t allow that.

M: ‘Fags’ are cigarettes.

Liz: I know.

M: And when someone gets ‘sacked’, it means they’re fired.

Liz: You know, I may not have lived there, but I have been to London. And I’ve even read books that take place there!

M: I just wanted to make sure you understood everything he was saying.

Liz: (sighs tiredly)



Jamie Oliver: I mean, look at this food. It’s complete rubbish!

M: ‘Rubbish’ is trash.

Liz: PLEASE DON’T TALK TO ME ANYMORE.


So bloody hell, let's get on with the game before I get really cheesed off.



Second picture:





















Third: (5/9, 1:40 pm)





















Fourth: (5/9, 4:45 p.m.)
(will be updated again tomorrow!)







35 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Lipstick?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Kisses? Buttface? M.A.C.? Chanel?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Kissing cousins?

Kiss of death?

12:09 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

drag queen?
(Yeah, I know that's two words.)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Oops, are we doing one word? If so, my new guess is: mom/mother.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

BABY FISH MOUTH!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

DRAW SOMETHING RESEMBLING ANYTHING!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sourpuss?

1:42 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

librarian!! it's Liz!! :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Heh heh... no, it's not me. But there is a striking resemblance!

Frema-- have you assured Luke that in the event of a divorce you'd never want his wagon wheel, Roy Rogers, garage sale coffee table?

2:02 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Earthquake

2:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Nerd? Bibliophile? Bookvixen?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bookvixen!

I just emailed my boss to see if she's willing to change my job title.

2:33 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Bookvixen would look cool on business cards! BTW I enjoyed your translation of Brit English :D And my last guess before bed is "Chick-lit"

3:39 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Is it "Quiet In The Stacks"?

3:42 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Now would be an awesome time for me to tell you how horrible I am at pictionary. Like really f-ing awful. But you know, get on with it.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Bookworm....or Meg Ryan in the bookstore in that one movie with her and Tom Hanks....you know the one :)?

3:55 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Author?

4:01 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

mason?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Quiet?

Hush?

4:55 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

library? class? exam?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

browsing?

5:06 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Patron?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

shopping?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Oh yeah, it's a noun.

5:22 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Bearette, I almost did the same thing. I was about to guess silence and then went back to look. lol

5:27 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Silence?

7:34 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

It really looks like "quiet in the stacks." Blog?

7:50 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Bearette,

If you won again, I'm going to have to kill you. :)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bearette didn't win, but [sing-songy voice] some-one-else-did!

(someone who forgot that 'silence' is a noun)

(whoops, did I give away who the winner is?)

(there is also someone else who guessed 'silence' after the person who originally guessed it retracted her guess, so I think we may have two winners)

;)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Winners shall be crowned tomorrow.

How shall I title ye, winners? Empress? Mistress of the Universe? POTUS??

7:59 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

hee...potus ;)

congrats, suzy and elsa!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I left work before the final clue was posted! Not that I necessarily would have guessed silence. Probably would have said "nosepicker."

8:59 AM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I just noticed that you are wearing your super-high gold heels in the 3rd picture...excellent :D

10:20 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

You are very observant, VK. ;)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home