Wednesday, May 24, 2006

RENT THIS SPACE


Are there things I don't like about my body? Sure. But I try not to dwell on them. Overall, I see my body as my friend, and I try treat it right. I hope that if I'm nice to it, it'll be nice to me.

BUT WHAT IS UP WITH THE HUGE FOREHEAD?

Surely there is a poor child somewhere in the world who could have benefitted from some of that acreage.

Besides the fact that my hairline is approximately ten yards above my eyebrows, I also have a widow's peak and a cowlick. Remember in 1990 when everyone wanted Brenda Walsh's thick, straight fringe? That hairstyle movement left me way behind. Even when I duct-taped my bangs to my forehead all night, they'd creep back to their natural state when I wasn't looking.

Bangs: Screw you!

Widow's Peak: Yeah, screw you! There's nothing you can do to stop us, nothing!

Bangs: It's genetic. Nyah, nyah!

Cowlick: Screw all of you! I'm the HHPIC!*


Now my eyebrows have joined in the fun. I have a zit sitting there next to my right eyebrow. What, you didn't see it in the first picture?



When I saw it this morning I wondered how in the world I could get a zit there. And then I winced approximately 62 times today as I put my thumb right on it, which is apparently something I do quite a lot when I'm thinking.

The good news: I think!

The bad news: Fine lines and zits should not be co-habitating on large foreheads. It's just immensely unfair.


* Head Hair Problem In Charge

13 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Yeah, why *are* we still getting zits?

Don't worry, I didn't see it. Just the red circle you put there ;)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

God, I'm glad I'm not the only one. WHICH IS IT, WRINKLES OR ZITS?

"Both" is not an acceptable answer.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I have a chicken pox scar right about where your zit is. At least your little problem will go away. Mine's with me for-ever.

And large foreheads I've seen. Yours, my dear, is not a large forehead.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

You're beautiful.

I don't see wrinkles or zits.

What are you, like 23?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

I agree with Kim - you don't have a large forhead.

And you're not the only one that gets zits. I used to think it was a teenage problem. But now that I'm almost 40 (cough, cough), I realize that zits will be with me for the rest of my life. Luckily, they visit less frequently than they did when I was 15.

10:45 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Honey, I'd be more worried about the green nose than the forehead issue...

And now on a serious note...I've read that the reason so many women are getting zits after their teens is because of their rising stress levels. Especially women who work.

Just in case you missed the sarcasm in my first comment...I was joking - you have nothing to be ashamed of - your forehead looks completely normal :D

11:52 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

LOL! I was holding a bottle in front of my face at a reastaurant.

Carolyn-- I hear from Elsa that if you saw my face on a plasma television, all wrinkles and zits would be highly visible. :)

Anyone who thinks the forehead is not large should just wait until I post a pic of myself with all my hair pulled back. Prepare yourselves.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Your forehead is fine!

And I'm with ya on the zits. And they've migrated down to my neck where it is impossible to cover them with makeup without it looking incredibly obvious.

8:38 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I still get zits, but it's usually when I'm PMS'ing. And I have a cowlick too. My hairdresser jokes that she trims my bangs and then has to let them dry to see what my cowlick is going to do. lol

And like everyone else here, I don't think your forehead is big! I'm realizing more and more that so many of the physical things we dislike about ourselves are things that most everyone else doesn't even notice. ;)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Death to zits! I had horrible acne in middle school and high school. It's better now, but I seem to break out in all the same places: above my lip, on my chin, smack dab in the middle of my cheek, and within and on the sides of my eyebrows (I'm assuming from the product-coated hair that brushes against my face).

Also, you are gorgeous. Also also, wearing your fancy schmancy glasses should disguise your big red circle. :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Frema- I think only some Harry Potter/George Burns glasses could provide the necessary coverage, and I haven't had those since third grade. ;)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I thought the physical abnormality was going to be your nose since you had it covered up with the bottle. Don't see the forehead thing. But that pimple....MY GOODNESS is it ever bright red! ;)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Come on! You look great. I'm the one who's had a huge hickey on his forehead all week. Just remember -it could be worse!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home