Monday, June 12, 2006

Now you'll understand why I love Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion

I have a small problem. Actually, I have two, but I figured you wouldn't want to see the stash that consists of 4 varieties of breath mints, one container of Listerine Breath Strips and six packs of peppermint gum. According to my husband my breath is usually quite nice, but the paranoia is beastly and slowly taking over an entire desk drawer at work.

Eff off, halitosis. Trust me, you don't want to play in my mouth.

No, the shameful secret I'm exposing today is my obsession with Post-It Notes. Help. Please. It looks like Rainbow Brite vomited all over my desk.



I started using Post-Its as a way to look cool and fit in at work, but it quickly devleoped into a pack-a-week habit. First I tried the 3x3 square ones, because everyone said they weren't really serious Post-Its. But wouldn't you know it? Everything they said in the D.A.R.E program was true! The standard yellow squares were just the "gateway" Post-Its that led me straight to hell.

My so-called "friends" only made things worse, introducing me to new ways to abuse Post-Its:

It's like a dealer is living right on my desk!

Jumbo-size is for experienced users only.
Do not try this at home.

And my husband? He's the worst one of all. A total enabler. He bought this for me, and brought it into our home:


The highlighter/Post-It combo pen. MY TWO FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WORLD IN ONE HANDY TOOL.

(holds paper bag over face and breathes rapidly)

Is this what he meant when he promised to love me in sickness?

16 Comments:

Blogger His suzy said...

I want to know how long it took You to take all those pictures and create that post. And it's okay if you want to write the answer on a Post-It and take a picture of it.

At my old job, our boss eventually banned post-its because they could get lost and someone could claim they never got them if someone left a note for them. So we had to use electronic reminders instead. That might help rid you of a few of them. lol

3:28 PM  
Blogger E :) said...

At least your post-its are the trendy looking ones. I have an obsession, but only have the mangy looking old ones stuck everywhere...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

This has come full circle to the first entry I read in your blog, in which you discussed your love of office supplies ;) I think it was about a year ago...

I remember Romy & Michelle. "We, um, invented Post-Its! Yeah!"

4:12 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

I love Post-Its, too! My corkboard and desk are covered with them. I even blogged about it once a couple of years ago, when a colleague would constantly come to my office for meetings and help himself WITHOUT ASKING. Bastard.

Also, I have the same pen in orange! However, your ginormous Post-It posterboard thingy has me beat. I'm so jealous.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

But they're such pretty post-its.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Whenever the Post-It dispenser runs out at the reference desk, everyone stares at me in an accusatory manner until I sigh and go to the supply cabinet for a refill.

Like I'm the only one who uses (50 of) them (in one day)!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

And Suzy-- it really didn't take long. The Post-Its are always there- all I have to do it point, click, and upload. ;)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

And lastly-- banned Post-Its?

I would quit. I would STORM OUT and vow NEVER TO RETURN.

(seriously, though, that sounds like something you might see on The Office...)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Jumbo size post-its? And a highlighter/Post-it combo? I want! I want!

I have a small "wallet" for my post-its that I carry with me everywhere.

Perhaps we need to start a Post-It's Anonymous.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Sweet lord. I once wrote about my love of office supplies but you've got me beat hands down!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

They actually have post-its that large? You could write a whole novel on that thing!

12:04 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Well, not banned completely. I think we could still use them attached to paper, just not on their own. Would that be cause for quitting? lol

2:51 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

I have some Post-Its stuck to my computer as I type! (They are pink with the "Kill Bill" logo on them - we got them when we went to the premiere!)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

That's hysterical!! And I love the combo pen - ingenious!

I think you need to find a PA near you. You never heard of it? It's Post-Its Anonymous. They're popping up (ha ha) everywhere. There might be one near you. It's never to late to get help, but you first have to admit to being a Post-Italoic. :-)

Seriously though, I can see getting addicted to post-its. I used to use a lot more of them before I started using a good daily planner, but old habits are hard to break and I have a couple on my computer monitor and a couple by my phone - to make sure I don't forget whatever is on those post-its (just in case I forget to check my daily planner!).

9:39 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I am in charge of our office "quote board" and so everytime my coworkers says something ridiculous, I would run off to write it down. But all of the quotes ended up on post its and stuck all over my desk. Or someone would say something while I was at their desk and I'd just write it down on the closest post it and stick it to my computer. So now I have a large pile of post its full of quotes. It's quite pretty actually.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

A quote board full of ridiculous quotes from real-life people!

I could get down with that.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home