Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Quick, where's the REWIND button?


Okay, kids, time to play a guessing game!

Guess who was checking email yesterday when she was supposed to be paying attention to the instructor in her graphics design training?

Who got an email from the president of her workplace, announcing that we would be given a paid day off on July 3rd, courtesy of the governor?

Who meant to hit Forward, with the intention of sharing the news with her spouse, but in fact hit Reply?

Who added a snarky note that basically said, Ha! We must have gotten it because the gov feels guilty about the budget fiasco!, and also added a winky face?

Who saw the president’s name in the TO: box, just as she was hitting the Send button?

Whose face turned five shades of flaming red?

Who flung herself onto the monitor, moaning Nooooooo….

Who immediately sent a second reply that read, Whoops, I sent that email by mistake! ISN'T THAT FUNNY? Ha. Ha. Ha? And also, Please don't fire me, for I really enjoy eating.


YOU WIN!!! It was ME, COLOSSAL IDIOT OF THE EASTERN SHORE.


Guess who got an email reply from the president this morning?

He sounded amused. He said something very nice to me, which I will not repeat here for fear that he could be busted for associating with an anti-politician bibliophile.

I have not been fired. Nor did I receive a bonus for making the president laugh.


Well, at least my dog thinks I’m a genius.


I like to eat, too.

12 Comments:

Blogger Frema said...

I feel your pain! I can also top that with an even MORE embarassing moment:

I worked in a music store during part of college, and the manager, who I was pretty chummy with, took me aside and very kindly asked me to remember to flush the toilet when I was done with my business. On this particular day? I'd received a visit from Aunt Flo. AND MY MANAGER WAS A MAN.

I almost exploded into a thousand pieces. There may also have been crying involved. Bah.

3:19 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

You crack me up. lol

Now can you also convince my boss that we should have Monday off? Heck, I'll even take it un-paid... since that's all I get! :P

3:25 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

hee. could definitely have been worse. imagine if you had said something about the president ;)

frema - that is embarrassing! sorry that happened.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Frema-- eeeeeeeeek! I wanted to cry when I read that, and it didn't even happen to me!

But the commiseration made me feel a little better, so your suffering wasn't for naught. Thanks. ;)

Suzy-- send me his/her email address and I'll see what I can do (but there's no guarantee that you'll still be employed when I'm done).

Bearette-- I almost typed something else (not about the president, but about some of our politicians), when I thought, "No, I shouldn't send something like that in an email."

*exhale*

Hi, Common Sense? Thanks for visiting me, if only for that brief moment in time.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

OMG! That is my worst nightmare! At least the president was amused. And it's a good thing you didn't say anything else.

I deal with a lot of confidential information and my worst fear is that I send something very sensitive to the wrong email address. So far so good (I'm knocking on wood - well, actually, particle board), but I still live in fear.

A couple of times, I've found myself typing an email and thinking of something else or someone and then I type that person's name in the TO field instead of the intended receipient! Luckily, I've caught it just in time.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Isn't technology great? We have even more ways to shoot ourselves in the foot now. I don't know about you, but I didn't need any more help. :D

I'm glad you still get to eat.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

*Cringing* I am absolutely paranoid about that happening. Yikes! Thank goodness your president has a good sense of humor.

Enjoy your extra day off. I'll be all sorts of green with envy.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Guess who has to work July 3rd, because the baby jesus hates her?? OOOH, that'd be me.

Oh wait, I just did something:

Guess who was on the phone with a member of congress and said "shit" because she couldn't get her stupid ice cream open. Thankfully some members have a sense of humor and he just laughed.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Eh, congressmen have lots of other things to worry about. Right, Pat K.?

;-)

5:06 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

That's why dogs are great...unconditional love!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

I don't want to laugh at your pain but that? was pretty funny.

Also, totally something I would totally do.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Ooops!

And a big hug to Frema. That manager obviously has no tact. Seems like he was trying to make you feel horrified. Could he not just have flushed and let it go at that? I don't think a female would have done the same.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home