Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hey-- all the magazine models are doing it.

My mom and aunt are visiting from Florida this week, so I've taken a couple of days off to play tour guide.

Besides spending four hours in an IKEA and having nothing to show for it but a paper tape measure and a citrus zester named STRILA, the most exhausting activity so far was yesterday's walking tour of DC. In the hot, hot sun. With me being all albino and excessively sweaty.

It's kind of a blur to me now, but it went something like this:

Metro-Capitol Building-Washington Monument-Jefferson Memorial-FDR Memorial-WW II Memorial-Korean War Memorial-Lincoln Memorial-Vietnam War memorial-LUNCH AND COLD, COLD DRINKS AT BREADLINE THANK GOD!-White House(viewed from front and back)-Sculpture Garden-Museum of the American Indian-Metro.

On the metro ride home M offered his seat to a little girl and her mother, and they accepted gratefully. A moment after they collapsed into the seat next to me, the girl pressed her nose against my arm, inhaled deeply, and then stared at me, puzzled.

"What do you smell like?" she asked.

I hunched down in my seat and glared at her. "If you can't guess, I'm not going to tell you."

Tha night, it only seemed right that we reward our stamina with cool showers and lots of wine, which we did. After which it only seemed right that we pull out all my high heels and try them on with white socks.

I can't remember why it seemed like a good idea, but it was.


Meet my aunt's legs:
















(M wants you to know that while he participated in the getting drunk, he was not drunk enough to try on my heels.)

9 Comments:

Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Those are the most beautiful shoes in all the world, Liz.

7:24 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

You know you all wanted to be Victoria's Secret models! That picture is hilarious. lol

9:18 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

see, i knew you secretly liked that look...;)

12:05 AM  
Blogger Elsa said...

If he didn't try on your heels, then he just wasn't drunk enough ;)

BTW, I hope that fashion style never reappears.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I smelled like that at the doctor the other way.

Who was it that blogged that socks with sandals are back?

I wish I were kidding!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

The other "day". Grrr.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Wow, your aunt must be young! Nice shot of the shoes.

All my aunts are dead except for Aunt Pat and I've NEVER seen her in anything but sensible shoes.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I know we looked exactly like Giselle and Heidi as we tottered tipsily around the living room.

Carolyn- that might have been my post from a couple of weeks ago. I have vowed that I will not participate in this trend outside of the house.

SL- she's my youngest aunt. In her mid-40's, but looks at least ten years younger.

1:26 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Liz, I'm sure you smell like sugar and spice :D

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home