Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Second verse, same as the first

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu

Turkey
Seitan Roast (for vegetarians)
Stuffing
Salad
Garlic mashed potatoes
Cinnamon-glazed carrots
Greens beans with mushrooms marsala
Cranberries
Bread

Homemade pies:
Pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan, apple

Okay guys, the fam is trickling in and I'll be away for a few days as I tend to my guests. Looks like we'll have about twelve humans and three dogs for dinner. Wait- I don't mean that we're eating twelve humans and three dogs for dinner... oh, never mind. That's ridiculous.

(We're only cooking five humans. Twelve would be gluttonous.)

Want to come? The leaky air mattress is yet unclaimed. A bottle of wine and a good sense of humor will get you in the door.

Actually, bring two bottles. Just to be safe.

From my family to yours, have a very happy Thanksgiving.

My brother, sister and I. That's me in red
above and pink hat below. Here we're totally
rebelling by not lining up according to size.


We were such a cute bunch. What the hell happened?
(back to conformity- the rebellion was apparently short-lived)


I learned at a young age to trap the humans in a
box before cooking them for dinner.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Heather B. said...

Seitan Roast?!?! I love it.

I'd totally come and bring like 5 bottles of wine (2 for me three for the rest). Have a wonderful holiday!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

cute! happy thanksgiving :)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I'll only agree to come if I get to play Pictionary.

I was just wondering what vegetarians serve for Turkey Day. So, do you cook the bird yourself?

Cute pictures. :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving! :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Cute pics!

Happy Thanksgiving!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Gobble Gobble!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Heather- if you're bringing five bottles, you can stay all week.

Bearette, Bdogg, Lisa, Carolyn- thanks!

Roxanne- I buy the turkey, and my mom brings all the required equipment (roasting pan, etc) and cooks it. Certain family members really love turkey, otherwise I'd skip it.

Frema- right back at you. :)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

d actually has a thanksgiving plot...he's going to order some thanksgiving entrees from angelica kitchen (vegan resto) for us. i am sure my mil will interfere somehow (she is very laid-back and uncontrolling ;) but we'll see.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Ack! That's what I forgot- the garlic mashed potatoes! Thanks for reminding me. I'm off to the store now (for last time... I hope!)

4:19 PM  
Blogger kj said...

happy thanksgiving, liz. !

6:45 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

"Just last night I was reminded of..." Great title choice!

Happy Thanksgiving

10:13 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i think i just hurt myself laughing....

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home