Monday, December 11, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

It's my favorite color, and I love it. Thanks to my husband, I have joined the 21st century.

Seriously, you don't know how happy this makes me. I no longer have to embarrass myself by carrying my AM/FM cassette Walkman to the gym. He even gave me an armband thingy so I can wear my music on my arm like all the cool kids, instead of stuffing my Walkman down the back of my shorts.

I am HIP! And maybe my shorts won't fall down anymore!

Here's what he had engraved on the back:


So, have you all heard of these iPods? It's amazing! There's this thing called iTunes, where you can find almost any song you can think of! Then you just click Buy and it magically goes through a wire and lands on your iPod!

Internet: (rolls eyes)

I'm smitten, to say the least.

Behold, a very random selection of songs that represents my very first iPod playlist. You are not allowed to laugh or make rude comments, unless it's behind my back.

Kiss Off- Violent Femmes
Hot in Herre- Nelly
All You Wanted- Michelle Branch
Build Me Up Buttercup- The Foundations
How You Remind Me- Nickelback
Hung Up- Madonna
Life Less Ordinary- Carbon Leaf
In da Club- 50 Cent
Shake Ya Tailfeather- Murphy Lee
Give it Away- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Toxic- Britney Spears
U and UR Hand- Pink
Shame on You- Indigo Girls
Independence Day- Martina McBride
Iris- Live

M also bought me a tree skirt, which he found on sale for $13. Normally you don't tell people how much gifts cost, but he knew I'd be proud of his mad shopping skillz.


It looks a lot better than the wrinkled sheet. Trust me.

Okay. Might as well move on up the tree and show you some ornaments, since I know you're dying to see them.

I have an impressive collection of I Love Lucy ornaments, thanks to my mom. Here are my two favorites:

From the candy factory episode.

This one lights up and plays the famous
"Vitameatavegamin" commercial.

Shoot. I totally shouldn't have advertised my stash online! That was risky.

Y'all don't know my address, right?

We also have lots of White House ornaments, because you can legally be beaten and thrown onto the Beltway during rush hour if you live in the DC area and do not buy a White House ornament every year.

I think this is supposed to be Dubya
on his rocking horse.

And yes, we have ornaments for the rocker in the family, too. It's okay if you want to steal these:

Nothing says Christmas like platform boots and
scary, long-tounged men in makeup.


Jim Morrison says, "Light my fire, baby.
And also, happy holidays."


We went to a scrumptious dinner at Evening Star on Saturday night. If you live in the area, I highly recommend it. Cozy, hip, and a wine list as thick as my arm. Okay, my lower arm.

Now, if you'll excuse me-- Nelly's waiting for me. It's getting hot in here and I have to take off all my clothes.

18 Comments:

Blogger kj said...

i love seeing your ornaments, liz.
and as for the ipod, you;ve just about convinced me....

1:17 AM  
Blogger Zen Master said...

Happy Birthday!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

that is one interesting collection of ornaments :D

And congrats on joining the ipod set! an armband; i'm jealous ;)

1:31 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Oh, and happy birthday! i got distracted by the Dubya ornament...

1:32 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

wait, is dec 11 your birthday? that's my mother's birthday!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks, all. I forgot to mention that he also got me something called iTrip, so I can listen to my iPod in the car.

I'm so in love.

Yes, today (12/11) is my birthday! Tell your mom happy birthday for me. :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Woo-hoo!!!

I am positively green with envy over you getting the red one! I LOVE THE RED ONE!

And happy birthday! Hope this is the best year yet for you!

p.s. Love your ornaments! :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Oh yeah--you should really try the version of "Hot in Herre" by Tiga. It's the bomb.

Bearette can back me up on that one.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Liz, I had no idea librarians could have such an urban taste in music!

I wish you had discovered the joys of iTunes earlier. You would've been great for the cheesy love song swap!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I've been living here for five years and do not own a single WH ornament. So if you see me laying about on 495 in the middle of the road, be sure to say hello.

Happy Birthday.

11:24 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Happy Birthday!! I actually like most of your playlist. :)

(You have the same birthday as my Man, so that will be easy to remember! Not that I have your address to send your a card or anything. lol)

1:45 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i adore the chili peppers, and theres nothing THAT embarrassing on the list : )

i do not have an ipod. i think i want one. i love that he had it engraved
: )

happiest of bdays to you! Primo's six today, you share a birthday!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I can't believe how many people in Internet land have a December 11 birthday!

Bdogg- I'll check out the Tiga version on iTunes. Squee!

Babel- my husband found the mix of songs highly amusing. He thinks its hilarious that I like 50 Cent.
Kind of like our Christmas tree- something for everyone.

I'm going to the gym tonight. Maybe I'll use the rowing machine so I can maximize the visibility of my new armband. ;)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Happy Birthday!!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks, Sock!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

A Kiss ornament, I love it.

My hubby would get a kick out of that one.

5:26 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Nice Pod...Happy Birthday!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks, VK.

Carolyn- there's another Kiss ornament that lights up and plays I Want to Rock and Roll All Night. Very loudly.

Needless to say, Alex is afraid of it.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home