Monday, January 01, 2007

Christmas in Washington

Brought to you by Liz's camera phone!

Apologies for the unannounced absence, and thank you all for all the holiday wishes via blogs, email, and real, live mail. M and I had a good Christmas, despite being away from family for the first time. M even got me to midnight mass, where I scandalized the congregation by chewing gum during the service.

(I didn't know.)

I wish you all health, happiness, and laughter in 2007.




Okay, locals... it's time to play Guess the Restaurant:

(1)
I'll give you a little clue with the menu. Also, you
might recognize the olive oil with a pomegranate squiggle.

(2)

Er... okay, this one might be too hard.

Does this help? ;)

(3)

If you recognize the wall tile, you know where we were.
Hint: best pizza in DC, hands down.
(feel free to disagree, but you'll never convince me otherwise)


Bonus Question!

In which DC facility's bathroom stall did I see this sign?
It says, "Hippo Legend: Why the hippo spreads its poop."
(Hint: it was not a restaurant, thank God.)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

i'm going to guess...the dc zoo!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Welcome back, you gum chewing hedon you!

8:03 PM  
Blogger kj said...

it's about time you showed up, liz. geez, christmas came and went with no clue to your where-abouts or goings-on.

ok, i'm only kidding. welcome back. happy new year. have fun. be well. take care. etc etc etc.

:)

9:02 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Happy New Year, I missed you, and you didn't get the Host stuck on your gum, did you?

also, i am the kind of freak that were the hippo ad in a restaurant, it would not faze me in the least.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bearette- yes, it was the zoo! We saw the adorable tiger cubs, and a panda that was sleeping high in a tree, draped over a branch. I also paid the capybaras a visit. ;)

Sit in my pew, Carolyn. I have gum AND mints.

kj- Same to you, etc etc etc. :)

Babel- the Host was safe. Being non-Catholic, I am barred from taking communion. Everyone else goes up while I sit all lonely-like in the pew. Chewing my gum.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

i skipped communion at my mass because it was SRO and i didn't feel like getting into the massive line ;)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Ahh, Christmas in DC. Beautiful. And happy new year!!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home