Sunday, February 11, 2007

Feed a fever, starve a bad mood

I think I'm done with my snit.

Of course, I'll probably keep snitting privately, especially when someone cuts me off in traffic or when Starbucks neglects to add my specifically-requested "whip" to my soy white mocha, not everyone who asks for soy milk is completely lactose intolerant.

M and I will likely move away from this area at some point, we just don't know when or exactly where we'll end up. About a year ago we each took this online quiz to get some initial direction. In results that speak volumes about our personalities, M's ideal places to live were Long Island (where he grew up) and Virginia (where we live now). My recommended living locations were all in California or Hawaii.

Me no like snow. See?

I emailed him and suggested that we try one of those new-fangled bicoastal relationships so that I could live on a farm in CA and he could shovel snow on Long Island, but he replied, "That wouldn't work for me. I love you too much."

And my computer melted.

My parents are still campaigning for Florida, and M's dad is pushing for Charlotte, North Carolina. We're going to visit him in March so he can give us his best sales pitch.

Meanwhile, I've been reading up on lei making. Aloha!

If you would like to drink and cook along with me tonight, I will be enjoying a glass of Suavignon Blanc as I prepare Vegetable Casserole with Tofu Topping and Cornmeal and Kale Spoonbread with Red Peppers.

After which I plan to consume an entire tube of Thin Mints for dessert.

Bon app├ętit.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

My husband and I are at odds over where to live as well. He'd just as soon stay where we are forever (and where he grew up) while I'd like the adventure of moving somewhere. He loves the one-season concept (a warm spring all year long) while I like the change of seasons. Needless to say, we're not going anywhere until we can find the perfect compromise (if that's even possible)

12:18 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Yum!!! I've already bookmarked both of those. I see you managed to fit kale into both of your dishes. ;)

1:00 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I have a cousin that lives in Charlotte. My mom went down last year when she and her hubby got married. It sounds like a really, really nice area, although I think most places in NC sound fairly nice. So that might not be a bad fit! :)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Just as long as we can drink wine before you move. That is all I ask.

10:21 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

you could come to pittsburgh. I mean, it's still cold, but it's slower-paced than DC and - I am here. Wouldn't that be nice? : )

glad you're feeling better - although sometimes it's good to just have a good grump.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Joan- what we really want is a place that's just... less, I suppose. If that makes sense. A slower pace, less traffic, and a lower cost of living.

Roxanne- I am a kale junkie. So far I haven't found any treatment centers that address this problem.

Suzy- I've only ever driven through NC on my way to Georgia or Florida, so it will be nice to see more of it.

HB- of course. You name the place. :)

Babel- I would never turn down an offer to live near someone who is a good librarian and a good cook. And if you have a wine cellar, I will put my house on the market this afternoon. ;)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Recipe for vegetable casserole, please?

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home