Friday, March 09, 2007

All the world's a stage

Last night my husband and I went to one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants with my parents, who have been visiting this week. The transportation arrangements left M and I with two cars to drive home. After filling our bellies with vegetable goodness and saying goodbye to my parents, we hit the road.

We just happened to stop next to each other at the first red light, M’s car on the left and mine on the right. He smiled mischievously at me, waved, and motioned for me to roll down my window.

I rolled down my window.

“HEY!” he called, suggestively.

The man in the car behind M’s looked interested. I faced forward with both hands on the wheel.

“HEY, BABY!” M tried again.

I whipped my head around.

“WHAT?”

M grinned. “YOU’RE CUTE!”

The man behind him strained forward against his seatbelt, trying to get a better look at me.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?” I shouted.

“I SAID, YOU’RE CUTE!”

I scowled at him.

“LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU JERK!”

The man snapped back in his seat.

M made an exaggerated writing motion with his hand. “CAN I GET YOUR NUMBER?”

“PISS OFF!” I shrieked. M was laughing as the light turned green and the line of cars moved forward.

The other driver crept up on my left. He made only fleeting eye contact before looking away, stricken.

Ridding the world of would-be rush hour pick-up artists, one traffic jam at a time. We consider this a public service.

6 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

You two sound like you have fun together.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

So, you like to role play, huh? ;)

10:08 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

You. Are. Awesome.

That poor dude is so going to try to pick up chicks at traffic lights now.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

This reminds me of the opening scene of When a Man Loves a Woman. When Andy Garcia picks up Meg Ryan in that restaurant. This of course during happier times, before she went to rehab.

That poor man behind M though is going to be trying to pick up women like that on his evening commute.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Your husband's a hoot! He should totally have his own blog. Or at least his own category on yours. ;)

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm sunflowerygoodness

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home