Thursday, March 01, 2007

I haven't written about shoes in a while, right?

Recently I spotted these here Mary Janes and fell in love. So cute! So retro! And it looks like I could totally tango in them, if only I knew how to tango.



I mulled it over for a couple of days. Yes, they were cute. I loved them. They would go with lots of my outfits. They were well-made. So finally, I decided I would buy them.

Imagine my distress when I went back to the web site, only to discover the words SOLD OUT next to size 8. And size 7, and size 7.5, and size 9. Apparently I was not the only one who found them irresistibly adorable.

I briefly considered buying the 8.5 and stuffing the toes with cotton, but decided I was being stupid (even though it said LESS THAN FIVE LEFT next to size 8.5 and the pressure was indescribable). An extensive Internet search revealed that no one else sold this particular shoe in this particular color. Of course.

So I was a little sad, and continued to visit the site. You know, just to say hi.


Me: Hi, shoes. How are you? I really like you.

Shoes: SOLD OUT, bitch!

Me: I'm sorry.


I nearly stopped breathing this morning when I checked the site before work. There, next to size 8, were the words LESS THAN FIVE LEFT. Yippee!

My fingers flew so fast they seemed not to be my own as I typed in my MasterCard number and clicked FINISH.

After I'd reveled in my good fortune for a few minutes and the adrenaline had been reabsorbed by my body, it occurred to me to wonder how they could have been SOLD OUT one day, and have LESS THAN FIVE LEFT the next.

And is it really five, or are they just saying that? What if it's really 200?

And the final irritation: shouldn't they say FEWER, rather than LESS?

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Those are cute! It's interesting how (almost) everyone is a size 8.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I'm so glad you got them. They're really cute.

I have a hard time finding shoes for myself, but I wear a ten wide. MOO!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Zen Master said...

OOOOH, I love those. Did they have them in a 5 or 5 and a half?

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

VERY cute! They look like salsa shoes to me, and anyone can salsa. Just get a swingy skirt, put a flower in your hair, grab your skirt and swish it, and shake your hips!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Very cute. I want some. They probably would have LESS THAN 1 in my size though, 10 or 11 (depending).

12:13 AM  
Blogger kj said...

great shoes, zen-ful grammar question. these are two reasons why i like you, liz.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

those are AMAZING shoes! i wants them too! *pout*

(came here via caffeinated librarian's tour de blog. hi!)

2:43 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I had a request for shoe purchase information. The Mary Janes can be purchased at www.jmarco.com. They come in black and mahogany, although I see the mahogany is already SOLD OUT again in size 8. Hurry, hurry! :)

Zen- looks like size 5 is still available!

Rox- sizes 10 & 11 are SOLD OUT. Check back tomorrow, though. Heh.

Hi, Lara!

Betsy- M and I almost took salsa lessons this winter. If we do it this summer, I'll wear the shoes and report back.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Yes! It should be fewer! Fewer is such a forgotten word!

!

Also, I love Mary Janes, too. I wore them all the time with my high school uniform. They're the perfect blend of sensible and naughty.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Awesome shoes! Perhaps them saying sold out at first was just to make you want them more :0

11:02 PM  
Blogger JMK said...

I'm not much into girly shoes, but I have to say, those are adorable! I hope you're able to track down a pair in your size.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Very nice shoes. And they do look like dancing shoes.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

I noticed you are reading another book that I loved - History of Love. I'll be interested to see what you think of it as this was a book club pick (I picked it) and the other members of the club hated it! I think it might have been the lowest rated book so far in our club (we each rate the books and come up with a character in the book we'd like to have a beer with. (Oooooo, I hate ending a sentence with a preposition.)

12:11 AM  
Blogger Fraulein N said...

So cute! Reminds me of these shoes I fell in love with online. No matter how many fluctuations in availability these shoes went through (and seriously, how is that possible?) they never had them in an eight. Or a 7 1/2, or an 8 1/2; at that point I was desperate.

2:46 PM  
Blogger katze said...

I. Want. Those. Shoes. Gahhhhhhhh.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is hilarious - I can totally relate to every emotion tied to the purchasing and the rollercoaster following I loved it... funny funny

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U actually buy your shoes on line?? the room for ill-fitting errors is way too daunting for me k

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home