Friday, May 25, 2007

Jealous

Things that are Not Fair:
Right now I'm at work while my husband is at home with the super-hot electrician who's installing our attic fan.

This morning I was in the kitchen making my lunch when Mike and the electrician walked through on their way to the deck.

"Ted, this is my wife, Liz," Mike said.

Ted smiled and nodded at me. "Hello."

Mama said that it's impolite to stare. "Harrrrrr," I mumbled. "I mean, hi."

He nodded again, then disappeared out the back door.

"Close your mouth," Mike said.

I chose this electrician because he was highly rated in the Washington DC Consumers' Checkbook, and you know how I love to research and check references. He'd already captured my heart by promptly returning our call when we first contacted him, by being very polite, and then by calling last night to confirm this morning's appointment. I mean, hello! This is the stuff my dreams are made of!

But the fact that he's also a long-haired, rugged hunk who rides a Harley? Doesn't hurt.

Alas. He is there, and I am here. Our love was not meant to be.

(if you live in the DC area and need a good electrician, this guy is awesome, and not just in the looks department. Email me if you need contact info.)

(Edited to add: Ted played with Alex and told Mike that he has a dog, a dog he loves so much that he's broken up with women over him. SWOON.)

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

So how would Ted feel about a long-distance relationship?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Sorry Lisa, I'm keeping him as a back-up in case something happens to Mike. :D

10:44 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

You've got it bad ;)

10:55 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

How does Mike feel about plural marriage? You could be in an opposite real-life version of Big Love!! LOL

12:03 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Suzy,

That would be perfect! No one would EVER suspect the librarian. :P

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

I'm waiting to hear of some wires that "accidentally" got cut, requiring the return of the hot electrician.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Dammit. Betsy is such a mind reader.

4:23 PM  
Blogger kj said...

ooooh, i love it when potential passion takes over.

enjoy looking liz. that's all you can have.

:)

11:28 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i say enjoy looking at him...you're married, not dead.

also, point out to him that you would NEVER make him choose between you or his dog... : )

12:18 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

He fixes things, he's hot and he's single? Somethings gotta be wrong. LOL

The mother's ring is beautiful.

And I think my SIL has a neti pot. She said she flushed all sorts of gunk out of her sinuses. Tmi, huh?

11:39 PM  
Blogger Janet M Kincaid said...

Excellent! Although... this does beg a question. If Ted is single, hot, and he's handy around the house, this leaves only one possibility....

He's gay.

Seriously, though, what girl wouldn't swoon over a guy who loves dogs? I'd swoon, too!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Along the lines of Caro's comment - I ordered a neti pot from Amazon! I can't wait to see if it works. It got pretty good reviews there...everyone said their sinus problems, allergies & colds had improved :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I got my neti pot from Amazon, too. Maybe we bought the same one.

There are a few things I won't buy on eBay. :)

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home