Monday, July 30, 2007

A Delicious Weekend

"There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful
woman man in the act of cooking dinner for someone she he loves."
Thomas Wolfe

"How can people say they don't eat eggplant when God
loves the color and the French love the name?"

Jeff Smith (The Frugal Gourmet)

"Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'."
Andy Rooney

"Tis pity wine should be so deleterious,
For tea and coffee leave us much more serious."
Lord Byron



"Sadly, I've never come across a single quote about spaghetti squash."
Liz




"So incredibly weird, but so incredibly delicious."
Liz, again

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
Harriet Van Horne



"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."
George Bernard Shaw


" Leave the gun, take the cannoli."
The Godfather



"How far that little candle throws his beams!"
William Shakespeare in The Merchant of Venice



"And he gave it for his opinion, that whoever could make
two ears of corn, or two blades of grass...

... to grow upon a spot of ground where only one grew before...

...would deserve better of mankind, and do more essential service to
his country, than the whole race of politicians put together."
Jonathan Swift, Gulliver's Travels

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Those pictures are making my mouth water. It looks like you had some good eats this weekend!

2:43 PM  
Blogger TeacherBee said...

You're gonna make us all vegetarians yet!

3:56 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

Yum yum yum - what a delicious post!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Janet M Kincaid said...

Divine! Simply divine.

9:05 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

Two of my favorite yummy veggie things are spaghetti squash and breaded, fried eggplant (or large zucchini)!! Suddenly, I'm VERY hungry!! GREAT photos!!!!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger In her own Voice said...

I'm going to have to send this one to my daughters and my sister & bro-in-law who love to cook gourmet (especially Italian and vegetarian). Beautiful pix!

9:55 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Looks so yummy!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger katze said...

How lovely! And now I'm hungry...

10:55 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

We have tons of leftovers; come on over!* Sunday night I made a huge quinoa salad and pasta with cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and basil (no pics, sadly).

Serious- Mike baked the eggplant, rather than frying, but it was delicious. The breading is mostly wheat germ, ground flax seed, seasoning, and parmesan cheese.


*while supplies last

8:48 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Count me in!

I just made dinner last night with yummy, fresh veggies from our garden. There's really nothing better.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

oh my, that looks awesome. i especially liked your quotes. yum!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I want the pasta :)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What a fantastic post -- combining two of my favorite things, food & words.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

You take beautiful pics.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

Now I am really hungry!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Uncle Phatato said...

I just cooked a great dish last week using olive oil, real garlic and real onions for the first time ever.

I posted on my site about your site, saying that you were a creative blogger -- it's like an award, you should check it out.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Uncle- Have you been using the minced stuff that comes in a jar? once you cook with real garlic, you will never go back. Ooooh... it's so much better.

10:15 AM  
Blogger nejyerf said...

i'm not sure which i appreciate more....the beautiful photos or the carefully chosen quotes.

one of the best christmas gifts i ever got was bartlett's familiar quotations.

what do you use?

4:03 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

nejyerf- I used Bartlett's online!

http://www.bartleby.com/100/

But I prefer the print version. :)

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home