Friday, July 20, 2007

Licking my new camera is probably unsanitary

Comcast was supposed to come to our house yesterday between 2 and 5.

(you can already tell that this won't end well, can't you?)

(see also: Comcast, KILL)

So Mike left work early so he could be home by 1:45. Guess when Comcast came? Go on, guess!

That's right. Never.

(How did you know? You all are too smart for my games.)

Mike called them, waited through the requisite 10 minutes of "Your call is very important. to US! Please keep. HOLDING! and a representative will. ASSIST you!", and was told by the very assistive representative that the technician didn't come because he called our house and no one was home.

Mike scrolled through the Caller ID log.

"He called the house at eleven thirty."

"Right. Since no one was home, he cancelled the job."

"I wasn't home at eleven thirty because I was at work. I was at work at eleven thirty because you told me yesterday that our window was two to five. But I did leave work early so I could be home BY TWO."

Iamverysorrysirdoyouwanttoreschedulefortomorrow?

Sigh.

We also scheduled a guy to come out at 8 a.m. tomorrow (yes, that's a Saturday morning we're talking about) to give us an estimate for continuing our hardwood floors throughout the upstairs. I hate carpet anyway, but the fact that my allergist also thinks that no carpet is a good idea gives me all the more leverage. It's my health we're talking about. Good health is priceless.

As I wait at home for another visit from Comcast (or not), I'm playing with my new toy. So wee, but so capable! It came in the mail on Wednesday and I immediately started testing it on the dog.

Here's a better video of Alex doing his commando crawl. My videos will henceforth be complete with audio, thanks to my new love. You might want to keep a trash can nearby in case the sound of me baby-talking with my dog makes you hurl.

(Him's so sweet! Oh yes him's is!)

Happy Friday, everyone.



Commando II from Liz and Vimeo.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Aww, I wish I could give Alex a high-five! That's a pretty crazy crawl he's got going on there.

Comcast is awful. We decided to go with Verizon for Internet service, but our connection has been intermittent this week too, so maybe the whole area is having signal problems?

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ashley Beth said...

I just love that dog. He is so adorable.

We had a similar experience with our cable company. They kept showing up at our house while we were gone - once the day before our appointment, the next 2 times - hours before he was scheduled. I guess the years of jokes about the cable guy being late makes them think we want them to arrive early!

11:51 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

you are a total looney tune, but we still love you (that's apparently all my multiple personalities speaking as one, so hmmmm.....who's calling whom a looney tune?)

that commando crawl is still the most disturbing thing i have ever seen a dog do - well, except when Punto ate the baby's dirty diaper last week....

3:49 PM  
Blogger kj said...

oh liz.

a new toy. new creative possibilities.

voice.

crawls.

could life be any better?

oh. comcast. verizon is worse.
i hope they show. i hope they do what you hope they'll do.

if not, take more videos.

(have a good weekend)

:)

10:51 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

Here in California we have Roadrunner for out cable/internet service and it sounds alot like comcast! But worse than that, they show up and say, 'Whoops!! I brought the wrong modem!' GRRRRRR!!!
So as usual between MSN and the cable companies, it seems that we are at their mercy!!

Just ADORE Alex!!!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!!
Bob~

11:14 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

i wasn't able to watch it b/c my mom's computer is not high-tech enough, but i'm looking forward to seeing it in new york!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Alex is adorable. He looks like a puppy!

And good luck with Comcast! I know there's a reason why towns/states allow only one cable-provider per community, but when you don't have competition, there's not as much insentive to provide good customer service.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

i like how he started grooming himself at the end :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

I have comcast and have not had any problems. So if I do now, I will blame on it the bad comcast vibes coming from your blog :-)
Cute video!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Veronica said...

Cute dog. And I completely agree about no carpet. I hate carpet. I breathe so much more easily on hardwood. You know what I mean.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bearette- he did that to show how utterly unconcerned he is with being a movie star.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Veronica- yes, I know what you mean. Looks like we'll be getting the carpet pulled up in a couple of months, and I can't wait.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

How adorable!

I've seen other doggies do the same army crawl across the floor. Maybe it feels good on the tummy?

Also, your voice sounds the way I imagined. Usually I'm way off. :)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Yeah, Comcast shut my Internet off for a week once when I was late on the bill. Comcast sucks.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

oh. my. god. your puppy is so adorable it hurts. black dogs are the best!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home