Monday, July 16, 2007

Oh my GOD

My office is on the top floor of the building and it sounds like there is a bird stuck between the roof and the interior ceiling tiles.

I've heard it chirping continuously for the past two hours and I'm sick over the thought that it will perish there.


Guy: Facilities Department, can I help you?

Liz: Bird!

Guy: What?

Liz: Bird! Stuck in ceiling! Ohgodhelp.

Guy: Did you fill out a request form?

Liz: STUCK IN CEILING!

Guy: We'll be right up.


Add to my bird-related trauma the fact that I went out on my patio this morning and found a wee baby bird, dead after falling from its nest atop one of my deck posts. I had watched the mama build the nest using fibers from the coconut liners in my window boxes.

All I need now to jack my trauma level up to MAXIMUM is to run over a puppy on my way home from work.

I'll be back tomorrow with happier stories, including one about our latest activity: stalking a local chef.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger TeacherBee said...

See, that's where you and I differ. As you began your story about a bird stuck in the ceiling chirping for two hours, I thought you were going to express your extreme annoyance at such sound. I would never have considered calling someone to HELP the bird. I'm a bad, bad person.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Emma Sometimes said...

I have an entire nest of birds in the eves of my porch. I couldn't let the apartment maintenance rip it out, I swore to them I'd booby trap the apartment if they tried to get to the balcony.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Emma Sometimes said...

So, I forgot to ask, did they get the bird out?

12:15 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

They did! The bird is now flying free.

8:50 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

You saved the bird!

12:09 PM  
Blogger kj said...

thank god the bird is free. or i would have been depressed all night and into tomorrow.

liz, you are a mystery angel to that bird!

8:12 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i need to go read teacherbee's blog now, as she and i are clearly kindred spirits. although i MIGHT have called someone to KILL the bird to get it to shut the hell up.

1:07 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

I'm certain that birds from all over the D.C. area are chirping your praises and your name! WTG!!!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home