Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Then and Now (and Then, again)

My dad recently sent me this picture of me as a baby. I find it a slightly disturbing. Don't I look like I was abandoned on the set of Fiddler on the Roof*?


Golde? Tevye? Anyone?


I know I hinted that I might post a picture of my sister and I posing bikini-clad on my father's boat and looking like wet, dizzy goats, but I just can't. What if I win the title of Miss New Jersey someday? Then you could blackmail me, and I'd be known throughout the country as Miss Wet Dizzy Goat, and I'd have to be interviewed on the Today Show by Matt Lauer.

So instead, here's a picture of my sis and I in Florida, looking like relatively normal human beings. She's on the left.

She never actually consented to appear on this blog, but I did send her an email full of very tiny typeface that declared this an opt-out deal. If she doesn't want to be on my blog, she has to tell me, otherwise her consent is implied.

She works with lots of lawyers. I'm probably screwed.

(Just remember, K- I didn't post the wet, dizzy goat picture, or the one of us sticking our tongues into a jumbo-sized glass of wine. Love ya lots.)

*The only musical I actually enjoy.


Edited to Add:
Here's my sister and I as kids. Same as before, she's on the left:

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

Matchmaker, matchmaker, find me a baby...

I disgraced myself in H's church once, by dissolving into a heap of giggles at the processional for the priests, which was Sunrise, Sunset - in a RC church! Wahahahahaaaaaa!

9:54 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I don't think I would've ever guessed that you two are sisters. There's not a huge resemblance, is there? (I don't think that's insulting, but in case someone thinks it is, I'm not trying to be insulting or critical. Just making an observation. This is my fine print.)

I'm still hoping you'll change your mind and post the dizzy goat picture. Sometime. :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Babel- I don't know if I would have been able to stop myself from singing along in a dramatic fashion, perhaps in the voice of a big-bosomed opera singer.

Swiftly fly the yeeeeeeeears!

Suzy- No worries, it's not insulting at all. My brother and I look a lot alike. My sister, the youngest, resembles my dad's sister.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I've never seen fiddler on the roof, but i think you were a cute baby :)

i was going to say there was no resemblance, but suzy beat me to it.

maybe a little with the eye shape and smile...

1:06 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

no, i guess not even there. the same thing goes on in my family...the bro and i look alike, my sisters (twins) look like each other.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

So cute!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Caffeinated Librarian said...

"If I were a li-brar-ian
dididididididi, dididididididi
All day long I'd dizzy-dizzy-dum
Like a li-brar-IAN!"

Okay, I promise I came up with that BEFORE I saw the comments and that I'm totally not copying Babelbabe. Nope. Not a bit. Can't prove a thing.

11:20 PM  
Blogger kj said...

aaawh, two sisters who love one another. and had a fine vacation.

very nice to see both of you!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Emma Sometimes said...

Now I want to see the Dizzy Goat picture.....

3:31 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

And I wouldn't have to work hard!
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum!
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
Yidle-diddle-didle-Librarian.

(are there any rich librarians, really??)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

Such cute pictures!

And I couldn't get through the Fiddler movie, but I was in the play my freshman year in high school. As a man, baby!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I've actually never seen the movie... but I've always enjoyed seeing it on stage.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone in Fiddler ever had blue suede shoes, though. LOL

1:57 PM  
Blogger nejyerf said...

"is this the little girl i carried...."

love, love, LOVE fiddler on the roof.

i see that kay has discovered the awesomeness that is you.

if she didn't leave her address here it is. www.captmaryflint.spaces.live.com

read her, you'll love her or my name ain't jen.

5:14 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

Well aren't you the cutest little thing (both pics!) And your Sis too!

WTG Dad!!! Now how about the Miss Wet Dizzy Goat one? You've gone this far!!

BTW, I'm from New Jersey!! A small town in Camden County! Runnemede. My folks still live there in the house I was born in (well, not actually born IN the house) But I did grow up there!

GO RUTGERS!! lol!

1:27 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i keep hoping for the drunken goat pic.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home