Friday, August 10, 2007

Foot Fetish Friday

Today I went to see my dermatologist for my yearly appointment. You know those pamphlets and websites that identify the risk factors for developing skin cancer? Put all of those together and that's basically what I look like.

See? See how pale I am?

Our Happy Family:
Alex, Liz, and Mike


I really like my dermatologist. He actually listens, and explains stuff! My former doctor, upon examining some spots of concern on my forehead and concluding that yes, they were pre-cancerous, just came at my face with his liquid nitrogen weapon with nary a word of warning or explanation.

"Eeeeeek!" I shrieked, scrambling across the exam table. "Can we, um, TALK about this first?"

And he looked at me, perplexed and slightly annoyed, like why on Earth would we want to do that?

But this doctor is great. Remember my first appointment with him, when I had the embarrassingly stinky feet? I hope he's forgotten about that, but I'm not sure. I showered this morning and paid extra attention to my feet. Then I sniffed my flip flops before I put them on, just in case they were trying to sabotage me. And then, once I was in the exam room and sitting on the table in my robe, I grabbed my foot and pulled it to my face for one final check.

And that's when the good doctor walked in. Without knocking.

Ah, well. At least it's Friday. Happy Friday, everyone.


p.s. I added a picture of the Sloppy Joes.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Love the picture...and the foot moment :) Do you have a shirt that says that?

4:59 PM  
Blogger Zen Master said...

Dermatologists are crazy. I went in to have some checked, one was on my neck. I was told to face the wall and I thought they were going to examine it.

I turned to ask and question and saw a needle coming at my face! I was angry. She wasn't even going to tell me!

You are lucky to have one that listens and explains.


Murphy's law on the foot moment, of course!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Janet Kincaid said...

Okay, I know this acronym is soooo 1990s, but ROTFLMAO x 10!

Tears... I have tears streaming down my face... I can't barely breathe to write this.

Oooooh. Whew. Priceless...

Hee hee...

10:28 PM  
Blogger Janet Kincaid said...

And that should say "can barely breathe.

Oy.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Check out that hourglass figure. :)

I had a wierd dermatologist one time. Maybe it has to do with the profession in general.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Emma Sometimes said...

Now were you in a split - gown - smelling - your - foot moment or just the run of the mill smelling - your - foot moment? Split gowns are an invention of the devil.

1:25 AM  
Blogger TeacherBee said...

Chuckle.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I saw a puggle who goes commando like Alex today ;)

5:41 PM  
Blogger verniciousknids said...

LOL...at least you weren't licking your foot...

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home