Thursday, August 02, 2007

It either feels like living in Hard Rock Cafe or a vacuum cleaner bag, depending.

I was taking random pictures of my house tonight, intending to show you some of its details that are interesting, but totally impractical when it comes to cleaning.
Such as:




Except for behind the washing machine, apparently. Of course, it would be a lot easier if my dog weren't hiding back there 80 percent of the time:





This is a random shelf in our master bedroom, situated under the highest point of the slanted ceiling. It's two feet above my head and it's been four years since we displayed that lovely grass.
(Translation: who knows what the hell is up there?).


But as I combed the house for more hard-to-clean places (and consequently, more filth), I noticed how many music-related items there are. This is probably because my husband is a social worker by day, would-be rocker by night.

Here's a small sampling:

Sun-catcher. Best photographed
when the sun is actually shining.


Old albums. Also good for collecting dust.


More guitars.

Meet Ace Frehley. He scares the shit
out of me every time I go in our closet.


That penny was defaced at the Torpedo Factory.
It has been adopted into the tribe as an honorary pick.

I feel Paul's guilt-inducing stare as I watch TV, sprawled on
the couch. His Linda wouldn't have been so lazy... she'd have
gone out and built an organic mud hut or something.



Miniature guitar. You could probably
play it if you were a guinea pig.



A mandolin banjo that was owned by Mike's
great-grandfather. I think the harmonica was his, too.


The actual record of payment for the mandolin
banjo. It cost $15.00 plus $1.50 for the case. He paid four
dollars every month until it was paid off.


Just a hunch:
God would disapprove of Mary's placement on this shelf.




Hey, look! It's Disturbing Mouse Boy.
I found him in the grass one day while I was
walking the dog. He really freaks Mike out,
so I like to hide him in surprising places.



Shhh...


And this is what you really came here for, isn't it?
Happy Phallic Friday.
(doesn't look very satisfying, if you ask me)

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

It might be satisfying if you liked to eat meat (heehee!).

Go meat!

I like the creepy mouse boy. Of course my first thought was..."I bet some little kid is heartbroken after having lost their best friend in the grass."

11:34 PM  
Blogger TeacherBee said...

Dusting? Scary.
Figurines? Scarier.
Phallic Finger Food? Scariest.
This post? Freaked me out.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

I'm happy to know that my family is not alone when it comes to picking up strange items we find on walks!

I kind of like Disturbing Mouse Boy. He looks totally at home on that guitar in his rockin' bodysuit. He's like Ace Frehley for the kiddie set.

9:49 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Oh my gosh, what the heck is she about to put in her mouth? Eek!

By the way, I love your house. I'm seriously jealous. Partly because you don't have kids to leave everything looking like crap like a certain couple kids around here do... and I can't even do anything about it because they're not MY kids!! But that's a different story and I don't need to start ranting on your blog comments. lol

10:42 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

The mystery meat is ham, I think.

Roxanne- Mike offered to send you the mouse boy. He would be all too happy to get rid of it. He thinks that the kid who lost it is secretly relieved.

Teacherbee- sorry. My house is really not that scary, I promise. :)

Kay- if Roxanne doesn't want him, you have dibs on mouse boy.

suzy- not having children definitely makes it easier to keep things clean! of course, my dog rolled in poop today, but that's another matter.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

i like disturbing mouse boy.

11:21 AM  
Blogger jeneflower said...

Hmm my husband is a closet rockstar too. At least he fancies himself one in the shower. You have a great collection of disturbing stuff.

But you haven't really seen disturbing until you see the pictures my husband sketches in church. Ya- long-haired screaming skeleton rock stars. Really.

1:03 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

Thanks for the tour!! Very nice house. BTW, you call THAT dust???

Liking Disturbing Mouse Boy!!!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Janet M Kincaid said...

Mmmmm. Meat!

Your house tour reminded me that I live in a house full of dust catchers. Too many things and stuff. I should purge my things and stuff. Mostly 'cuz they're only things and stuff. It would certainly make it easier to dust if I did...

10:10 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

Disturbing mouse boy scares me!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Emma Sometimes said...

Your dog is VERY smart.

I'd say you do have that Hard Rock Cafe element.

As for the dust bunnies, those telescoping dusters you can get at home depot for under $20 bucks. I have had vaulted ceilings and I would have shed blood if my duster had gone missing.

By the way,
YOU'VE BEEN NAB'D!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

I'm enjoying Phallic Object Friday, I must say.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home