Sunday, September 09, 2007

Hello from Ireland!

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick note. We're here on the Dingle peninsula and can I just say that I want to move here immediately? It's just completely beautiful. We've gotten very lucky weather-wise. It rained a bit on our first day (in Galway City), but we've had nothing but bright sunshine and gorgeous blue skies ever since. The natives are thrilled because apparently it rained constantly all summer long.

We have not driven our car off a cliff, or even dinged it, although we have had some white-knuckle moments on some of these cliffside roads. I'll try to post some pictures that will do them justice after we get home. The hiking has been great and we even got stopped by a herd of cows as we were driving down from the Cliffs of Moher a couple of days ago- you can imagine how delighted I was. Unfortunately, the farmer gave some sharp commands and they quickly moved off the road to let us through. It was over much too soon.

The only downer is that I managed to contract a head cold and I've been fighting it with various potions and powders from the local chemists. But it's not ruining anything for me- I just have to leave room for the Kleenex in my backpack.

We're off to Kenmare tomorrow- type to you later!

Liz

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Glad you're having a good time, and the weather is cooperating :)

4:12 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I caught some kind of cough while I was in England in college and the coughdrops I used (I forget what kind, I'm afraid) were not good. They helped my throat well enough, but ended up giving me horrible diarrhea! So if you use coughdrops, try to stick to names you recognize.

I'm glad you're having a wonderful trip otherwise!! :)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Suzy - that is good to know! I will steer clear of cough drops now :) Except Sucrets, I've liked them in the past.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Zen Master said...

Hope you feel better soon!

2:05 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Whatever brand it was, it wasn't one that's sold in the States, so I'm sure Sucrets (or any other familiar brand) is probably okay. :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Happy you're having a good time!! Hope you get rid of the cold.

Bearette24 - I didn't even know they still made Sucrets - wow!! I used to love them as a kid. They came in a small tin container - which I then use for something else.

6:23 PM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Liz: Rec'd your postcard today and have subsequently posted it to my blog. Thank you! It will make a lovely addition to my ever-growing door of postcards.

And may the rest of your trip be ailment-free!

9:11 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

OOOOH! An international post!! Glad you're having fun and haven't driven over any cliffs!! Always a good start to any vacation. Happy too to hear that your weather is good. Looking forward to seeing your pics when you return!!

Keep having a blast!!!!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hello,

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for
www.BlogInterviewer.com . We'd like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online at http://bloginterviewer.com/submit-an-interview

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

1:09 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Happy traveling!!!

I hope the rest of your trip goes as well as the beginning. And stuffy nose must go away now!

11:51 PM  
Blogger kj said...

aaawww! i am so glad for you and mike, liz. what a trip this must be. can't wait to see the revealing photos....

:)

5:58 AM  
Blogger rudecactus said...

Have a wonderful time!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Woo, have fun! Watch out for cow patties.

12:24 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

Hope you are having a GREAT time!! And taking lots of pics! Hope the head cold is long gone!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home