Tuesday, September 25, 2007

You know.

Sometimes I wish that I had a secret, password-protected blog where I could write freely about work. I like my job a lot, and I'm happy there, but sometimes I'd like to get some things off my chest, ya know?

Alas, that is all I'll say, as this is a very public, non-password protected blog and I do appreciate getting a paycheck. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage appreciates it, too!

And I would appreciate a tummy scratch, please.


No one here loves me. Never mind the fact that two weeks
at my beautiful countryside kennel costs nearly as much as a
round-trip plane ticket to Europe. I am completely neglected.

This is the saddest expression I can muster.


Things are obviously dire here in my house. So, let's see how the animals of Ireland are faring!

(I hate to say this, but please remember that any photos on my blog are my creative works, all rights reserved. Please don't steal.)



A dapper young Beagle mix welcomes us to the town of Kinvara.
He gave us a friendly bark at we walked past his house.



Kinvara

This sassy boy seems to rule the waterfront
portion of Ballyvaughan (overlooking Galway Bay).



The cows? They're fine, though slightly
perturbed by the presence of our car.


Officially in charge of monitoring the
hikers in the Gap of Dunloe.




The groundskeeper at the Muckross House,
Killarney National Park.


Horse #1: Pssssst! Guess what, stupid?
You have horses in the United States, too!

Horse #2: Yeah, I hear they also have dogs.



Sunbathing in Kinsale.



Woooooo! Just try to guess what bad
luck you'll have on your flight home!



Answer: a little red-headed Irish boy who kicked my seat continuously from Shannon to DC. I really, really wanted to reenact that plane scene from Kindergarten Cop*, but I didn't have a pencil handy. Damn.



I never kick seats, and still no one loves me. Woe.



*Detective John Kimble (Arnold Schwarzenegger): Hey, kid! Come here.

[beckons to kid in seat behind him, holding pencil in other hand. Boy leans forward.]

Detective John Kimble: If you don't stop screwing around back there, this is what I'm gonna do to you. (snaps pencil in half)

[boy sits down and shuts up.]

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I love all the pics!!

And I know what you mean about wanting a password-protected blog. I seriously need to vent, too. :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

What a pitiful expression! Poor puppy!

10:24 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

Great pics and comments!! Kindergarden Cop is one of my favs~~~~~ You are TOOOOO funny!!!!!!! LOL

3:18 AM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Really great photos!

And yes, doggie kennels are expensive. I used to board 2 dogs when going on vacation and it cost an "arm and a leg" - but then I thought "it's still cheaper than kids" - so I felt better! :)

7:13 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Awww, poor Alex.

I definitely would've said something to the kid and/or whoever was with him, esp. for that long of a flight. Because something like that would've driven me nuts!

I love all the pictures. And the horse conversation. :)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Uncle Phatato said...

Everyone has said all the things I wanted to say...

I wish I had a protected blog, too...your dog is adorable...you're too funny...the pictures were fun...

Keep it up.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home