Wednesday, October 10, 2007

And that's what everyone's talking about

I'm regressing.

I've already admitted that I watch The Hills. On Tuesday I had an animal-like craving for watermelon Hubba Bubba. This morning I actually gathered my hair into a side ponytail to see what I would look like. Verdict? Not good. I have a feeling that I was stopped only by the fact that I recently chopped my hair to above-shoulders.

And now this.




Girlfriend Lyrics



Yes, I have this song on my iPod. I'll confess that I played it multiple times as I jogged along a trail near my house this morning. And as I neared the end of the trail, which culminates in a steep hill that rises to meet the street, I had convinced myself that as I burst onto the pavement I'd be sporting a sparkly pink school girl uniform and rocking a wireless mic while twenty back-up dancers magically appeared in the street behind me and exploded into a provocative, choreographed dance routine.

You know, for my music video.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Psst...I have it on my iPod, too! It really gets me motivated on the treadmill....

I see it now: Teenage girls cringing in horror at the fact that [gasp!] people in their thirties listen to Avril Lavigne! You can't listen to that! You have to listen to Kenny G. or something!

12:09 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

ok, i was actually more worried that you were going to say you had nineties Madonna playing. Avril is cool. in a grungy, teenage-girl sort of way....

12:15 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Is this like a second childhood/teenage-hood for you? lol

12:36 PM  
Blogger TeacherBee said...

Let's focus on the positive here: you went jogging this morning. You can listen to whatever you want; you were jogging this morning.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

Oh Liz...thats such an irritating song. But if it makes you happy, thats all that matters!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Don't feel bad. I'm digging the new Timbaland song "The Way I Are," even the though the erroneous subject/verb pairing in the title makes me want to drink a gallon of bleach so that I can be put out of my misery. Is that what the world is coming to?

10:39 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I love that song!

I think we all deserve to have a second childhood/non-ending childhood. I personally love that I can sing along with my 10-year-old to all the hip songs that come on the radio. :) (not that I'm saying I'm a hip mom, but at least I can *feel* that way occasionally)

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home