Sunday, October 14, 2007

OMG Bruce + Liz 4eva

After a 20-year hiatus, I have resumed my crush on Bruce Springsteen.

The Born in the USA album marked the first time that I was aware of how nice a man's butt could look in faded denim. This was a startling realization, for sure. Previously, butts were gross, meant for pooping and sitting only. But gazing at that album cover, I knew there was a whole new world to discover, and I wanted to see it as soon as humanly possible.

(Mike was somewhat confused yesterday when I bought a red baseball hat, stomped on it with my dirty hiking shoes, and then asked him to wear it in his back pocket.)

Magic is terrific. Radio Nowhere and You'll Be Coming Down are my favorites so far. Take them for a spin and see if you can resist hanging a Bruce Springsteen poster on your bedroom wall. God, the man is sex-ay.

In other news, 2Amys won the pizza face-off yesterday. It was packed when we arrived at 5:00, but upstairs seating was available immediately. I haven't been up there since they added the new space, so I was curious. It's almost library-quiet compared to the energy and (sometimes deafening) noise of the downstairs dining area, which makes it much easier to converse without shouting. I think I prefer the downstairs to the shiny newness of the upstairs, but cramming a delicious margherita extra into your mouth even ten minutes sooner is worth the compromise. Oh- if they have the eggplant parmesan on the daily "little things" menu, try it. It's heaven in a ramekin.

(Note to 2Amys- please dust your upstairs wine shelf! My sinuses will thank you.)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

ohmigod, i am so effing hungry.

and *I*? Am a bona fide Jersey girl. WE all knew his thing with that model couldn't last, she was from California or something. Snort. Now Patti Scialfa? A Jersey girl born and bred, so we all knew it was ok.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Mike lived in Totowa until he was 5, then the fam moved to Long Island. I've been to Jersey with him for family events more times than I can count. My favorite was his cousin's wedding, which took place in an outdoor bar. OMG it was awesome.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Also, might I suggest Coming Down for your birthing playlist?

You'll be coming down now, baby, you'll be coming down...

3:59 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Previously, butts were gross, meant for pooping and sitting only.

I still feel that way about butts! Thanks for putting it so succinctly ;)

I used to love the Born in the USA tape, though (back when there really were tapes).

4:12 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Butts can be good, buttcracks not so good. LOL

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home