Writing Assignment #1:The Place I Would Least Like to Visit on Summer Vacation
The place I would least like to visit on summer vacation is Las Vegas, Nevada. I’ve never been there, not even once, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t like it. This is because Las Vegas is everything I hate, and more.
- Blinking lights
- Late nights
- Drunk people
- Buffet dining
- Fake Italy
Actually, with the exception of Fake Italy, the above characteristics also apply to The Other Place I Would Least Like to Visit on Summer Vacation, which is a cruise ship. While it’s probably unfair to hate Las Vegas without the benefit of first-hand experience, I am 100% justified in hating cruises because I’ve been on one.
Things I Dislike About Cruises, In Addition to Above Items:
- Sitting with and therefore being forced to converse with strangers at dinner
- An extra charge for every God-blessed item or activity you can imagine
- Drunken, sexually suggestive games that masquerade as “Poolside Activity Hour"
- Is the floor tilting because I’m on a boat, or because I’ve had three Cosmos?
- Tiny cabins with no windows
- Crowded pool
And this is why Las Vegas and a cruise ship are the places I would least like to visit on summer vacation.
Your turn. No fair saying something like, "I would least like to visit South African hyena territory during a prey shortage while wearing bacon socks." I think we can all agree that bacon socks make traveling less enjoyable.